Social networks and collaborative technologies are now commonplace in many workplaces. Having first been used “on the quiet” by highly-networked employees, in increasing numbers they are now being proactively used by businesses keen to connect more effectively with their internal and external audiences. Web collaboration is now viewed as critical to company success and as having multiple benefits and applications to the business. Read on.
Connect. Share. Work? Facebook isn’t just a social networking tool. It’s a social phenomenon which poses a real dilemma for businesses. Allow employees access…and risk opening a potential Pandora’s box of problems? Go for a blanket ban…and lose a valuable channel of communication and collaboration? Opt for a compromise, with use permitted but limited in some way? This White Paper weighs up Facebook’s pros and cons, and shows how to keep your company safe – whatever policy you choose to implement.
Sometimes investments in collaboration technology lead nowhere, but there are practical steps you can take to keep your collaboration initiatives on track.
Corporate use of social networking is not just about connecting with customers in new ways. Deploying a well thought out social media strategy can change the way your organisation collaborates internally and even have an impact on the bottom line. But once you’ve started, steps need to be taken to ensure the task doesn’t become overwhelming...
Enterprise communications will continue to undergo significant changes during the next decade, as multimodal cloud services invade traditional communication products and services. Today’s infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders need to understand 10 emerging trends that will influence enterprise communications. These include technology innovation for multimodal communications and collaboration, business imperatives for worker real-time connectivity, and enhanced cloud services for lower cost delivery of applications.
This White Paper weighs up Facebook’s pros and cons, and shows how to keep your company safe – whatever policy you choose to implement.
Futurist and consultant Geoffrey Moore—author of popular books such as Crossing the Chasm and Inside the Tornado —shares insights on the tectonic shift that is occurring in IT. Today, consumer technologies like mobile devices and social networking are driving enterprise IT, and the result is a new era that requires rapid adaptation. Moore offers wise strategies for overcoming enterprise IT challenges and using new technologies like cloud computing to increase profit margins and truly cater to end-users. Moore offers ways to succeed in a world of increasing commoditization, globalization, mobility and instant collaboration.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT