Sometimes investments in collaboration technology lead nowhere, but there are practical steps you can take to keep your collaboration initiatives on track.
Futurist and consultant Geoffrey Moore—author of popular books such as Crossing the Chasm and Inside the Tornado —shares insights on the tectonic shift that is occurring in IT. Today, consumer technologies like mobile devices and social networking are driving enterprise IT, and the result is a new era that requires rapid adaptation. Moore offers wise strategies for overcoming enterprise IT challenges and using new technologies like cloud computing to increase profit margins and truly cater to end-users. Moore offers ways to succeed in a world of increasing commoditization, globalization, mobility and instant collaboration.
Over 9.5 million people in Australia now use Facebook. The main purpose may be social, however the tool offers real opportunity for today’s businesses. Conversely, social media usage at the workplace can either dent productivity or reveal a competitive edge. Download to investigate the pros and cons of employee use of this tool.
This White Paper weighs up Facebook’s pros and cons, and shows how to keep your company safe – whatever policy you choose to implement.
Connect. Share. Work? Facebook isn’t just a social networking tool. It’s a social phenomenon which poses a real dilemma for businesses. Allow employees access…and risk opening a potential Pandora’s box of problems? Go for a blanket ban…and lose a valuable channel of communication and collaboration? Opt for a compromise, with use permitted but limited in some way? This White Paper weighs up Facebook’s pros and cons, and shows how to keep your company safe – whatever policy you choose to implement.
Social networking has revolutionised the way in which companies communicate with potential customers and suppliers. However, the use of social-networking tools by a company and its employees gives rise to a number of risks of which businesses should be aware. Read more.
Apple saves $5 million a year on case and email deflection, while its agents find information 47 per cent faster than before they invested in something called Transformational Knowledge. In today’s consumer-empowered marketplace, you cannot afford negative customer experiences. However many companies lack the tools and processes required to empower their employees to deliver great customer experiences. In this whitepaper, we look at how to breakdown silos and deliver great customer experiences.
Social media may have changed the way we do business, but the rules of engagement are still the same. Dynamic business environments call for flexibility. Context is everything when it comes to deciding what information needs to be blocked or controlled, and when. Read this whitepaper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA