Sometimes investments in collaboration technology lead nowhere, but there are practical steps you can take to keep your collaboration initiatives on track.
Corporate use of social networking is not just about connecting with customers in new ways. Deploying a well thought out social media strategy can change the way your organisation collaborates internally and even have an impact on the bottom line. But once you’ve started, steps need to be taken to ensure the task doesn’t become overwhelming...
Enterprise communications will continue to undergo significant changes during the next decade, as multimodal cloud services invade traditional communication products and services. Today’s infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders need to understand 10 emerging trends that will influence enterprise communications. These include technology innovation for multimodal communications and collaboration, business imperatives for worker real-time connectivity, and enhanced cloud services for lower cost delivery of applications.
Social networks and collaborative technologies are now commonplace in many workplaces. Having first been used “on the quiet” by highly-networked employees, in increasing numbers they are now being proactively used by businesses keen to connect more effectively with their internal and external audiences. Web collaboration is now viewed as critical to company success and as having multiple benefits and applications to the business. Read on.
Social networking has revolutionised the way in which companies communicate with potential customers and suppliers. However, the use of social-networking tools by a company and its employees gives rise to a number of risks of which businesses should be aware. Read more.
Social media may have changed the way we do business, but the rules of engagement are still the same. Dynamic business environments call for flexibility. Context is everything when it comes to deciding what information needs to be blocked or controlled, and when. Read this whitepaper.
This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
Futurist and consultant Geoffrey Moore—author of popular books such as Crossing the Chasm and Inside the Tornado —shares insights on the tectonic shift that is occurring in IT. Today, consumer technologies like mobile devices and social networking are driving enterprise IT, and the result is a new era that requires rapid adaptation. Moore offers wise strategies for overcoming enterprise IT challenges and using new technologies like cloud computing to increase profit margins and truly cater to end-users. Moore offers ways to succeed in a world of increasing commoditization, globalization, mobility and instant collaboration.
Use this infographic to introduce yourself to Social Relationship Management (SRM). With this step-by-step guide, you'll learn how to engage with social fans, develop and monetize those relationships, and deliver ROI over the long term.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT