This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
Enterprise communications will continue to undergo significant changes during the next decade, as multimodal cloud services invade traditional communication products and services. Today’s infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders need to understand 10 emerging trends that will influence enterprise communications. These include technology innovation for multimodal communications and collaboration, business imperatives for worker real-time connectivity, and enhanced cloud services for lower cost delivery of applications.
Use this infographic to introduce yourself to Social Relationship Management (SRM). With this step-by-step guide, you'll learn how to engage with social fans, develop and monetize those relationships, and deliver ROI over the long term.
Corporate use of social networking is not just about connecting with customers in new ways. Deploying a well thought out social media strategy can change the way your organisation collaborates internally and even have an impact on the bottom line. But once you’ve started, steps need to be taken to ensure the task doesn’t become overwhelming...
From “hangouts” to “communities,” Google+ has a lot to offer to brands looking to engage audiences and refine their strategies on this social platform.
The Google+ Update, by Oracle Social Cloud (#OracleSocial), includes an overview of new features and functionality, user demographics, industry trends, and a review of best practices that will help increase the likelihood of user engagement and aid in a brand’s success in this channel.
Social networks and collaborative technologies are now commonplace in many workplaces. Having first been used “on the quiet” by highly-networked employees, in increasing numbers they are now being proactively used by businesses keen to connect more effectively with their internal and external audiences. Web collaboration is now viewed as critical to company success and as having multiple benefits and applications to the business. Read on.
More than 75 per cent of consumers have posted damaging comment on social media following a negative customer experience. Yet a whopping 70 per cent of companies have little understanding of the social media conversations featuring their brand. This whitepaper looks at how to deliver your brand promise, retain customers and increase their lifetime value with new service channels.
Who are the top 10 brands on Instagram, and what are their secrets to success with visuals—image and Video—in this white-hot platform?
What might 12,000 likes per second mean for YOUR brand? In this PowerPoint-styled tutorial, Oracle Social Cloud (#OracleSocial) offers up break-through examples of how brands are leveraging the editing and embedding capabilities of Instagram to engage loyalists and potential customers. Lessons from perennial innovators like Nike, MTV, Starbucks, Burberry, Red Bull, Ben & Jerry’s, Whole Foods and Ford, as well as upstarts like Lu Lu Lemon and Free People, SHOW rather than tell you how embedding + 15-seconds of video and eye-catching, engaging images can rock your marketing world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Surveys show high hopes, deep concerns about IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC