With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
You geeked out with us on the technical details of a Google Apps migration. Our three Google Apps deployment specialists return with a new motto:Go Big Bang or Go Home. Yes, the traditional IT approach for deployment is usually a gradual, phased migration of hardware, software, and users. But cloud computing offers the IT professional a chance to focus efforts on the area of biggest return: user satisfaction. Guest speakers included Jim Copeland, Dan Kennedy and Marcello Pedersen from the Google Apps Deployment team.
This paper examines whether cloud computing makes good business sense for your company. Overly optimistic? Perhaps. But as many companies are discovering, cloud computing offers rapid and significant results.
This paper provides a snapshot of what is happening in the arena of cloud computing. What are the benefits? Why are businesses embracing it? What does it mean to a business owner or executive? How does it affect the workplace? What are the payoffs and the pitfalls? Is it really ready for "prime time"?
This white paper examines the five key characteristics of software that can meet these challenges successfully, and specifically considers the capability of Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer software to meet these demands. Read on.
HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 11 is a significant release from HP Software, and a substantial element in its Business Technology Optimization portfolio. While many new products have been added to the portfolio, the key release is the ALM integration platform that binds HP Quality Center (QC) and HP Performance Center together, and the addition of an Agile project management tool to provide HP’s first organic solution for the development management ALM segment.
The digital revolution continues to destroy firms that don’t anticipate market shifts quickly enough to leverage new opportunities and avoid new pitfalls. The need for business agility is driving the Agile movement in software development — and continuous improvement is at the heart of the movement. In this Forrester study, we look at the the intuitive and counter-intuitive data points surrounding the commonly held beliefs about the Agile development tenants that guide the day-to-day behaviour of development team members. Click to download.
A leading provider of IT research and advice, Gartner issues independent multivendor reports that position vendors based on their “ability to execute” and their “completeness of vision.” Read on for more.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT