Service-oriented architecture (SOA) has moved beyond hype to widespread acceptance as an IT strategy for delivering business value. If left unchecked, your inventory of SOA assets will become unmanageable; the reuse of services will diminish in favor of custom development; or even worse, modifications will be made to your existing services that break other business processes. This paper outlines the most compelling reasons for you to establish SOA governance within your organisation.
Changing markets, competitive pressures and evolving needs are placing increase pressure on IT to deliver greater flexibility and speed. Leading companies are adopting Service-Orientated Architecture (SOA) as a means of delivering on these requirements by overcoming the complexity of their application and IT environments. Read more.
The IDG survey also discovered that IT pros expect to achieve big productivity gains when business process management (BPM) and SOA are pre-integrated—60 % expect improved flexibility and agility, two characteristics that contribute significantly to good business-IT alignment. Read more.
The current economic conditions and rapid changes in business environment require businesses to adapt quickly while reducing costs in the longer term. Companies, large and small, have embraced shared service infrastructure to gain competitive advantage. Mission-critical business processes and service components are used by a large number of internal and external applications, companies realise only a flexible and scalable shared service infrastructure will allow them to meet the demanding service levels required to compete in today’s business environment. Read more.
Oracle SOA Suite is a comprehensive, hot-pluggable software suite to build, deploy and manage Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA). The components of the suite benefit from common capabilities including consistent tooling, a single deployment and management model, end-to-end security and unified metadata management. Read more.
Companies worldwide are actively deploying service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructures using web services, both in intranet and extranet environments. While web services offer many advantages over traditional alternatives (e.g., distributed objects or custom software), deploying networks of interconnected web services still presents key challenges, especially in terms of security and management. Read more.
The Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) model has become the cornerstone of business computing. Its ability to greatly accelerate the development of business-critical applications promotes business agility, decreases time-to-value and total cost of ownership (TCO), and greatly increases the efficiency and strategic value of IT. Beyond mere application development, it has become the favored approach for solving application and
Changing markets, competitive pressures and evolving customer needs are placing increasing pressure on IT to deliver greater flexibility and speed. Leading companies are adopting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) as a means of delivering on these requirements by overcoming the complexity of their application and IT environments. Read more.
Service-oriented architecture (SOA) has moved beyond hype to widespread acceptance as an IT strategy for delivering business results. Effective SOA governance is essential to achieving measurable, sustainable business value, lowering costs, improving efficiency and increasing visibility. Read more.
This paper outlines a framework and best practices for governance as it specifically relates to SOA, and introduces our Six Steps to Successful SOA Governance model. Armed with this model, architects and IT managers with SOA responsibility will have the knowledge and framework they need to ensure SOA success.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW