The digital revolution continues to destroy firms that don’t anticipate market shifts quickly enough to leverage new opportunities and avoid new pitfalls. The need for business agility is driving the Agile movement in software development — and continuous improvement is at the heart of the movement. In this Forrester study, we look at the the intuitive and counter-intuitive data points surrounding the commonly held beliefs about the Agile development tenants that guide the day-to-day behaviour of development team members. Click to download.
Data warehousing is undergoing the most radical transformation seen since it was first conceived. One reason for this transformation is that data warehouses are on the front lines of the Big Data explosion. Not only do companies need to manage and store hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data, they also need to find ways to extract the maximum value from this torrent of increasingly complex and diverse information. Read more.
Increasingly companies are recognising the value of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). A true EDW provides a single 360-degree view of the business and a powerful platform for a wide spectrum of business intelligence tasks ranging from predictive analysis to near real-time strategic and tactical decision support throughout the organisation. Read more.
With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
This paper explains how to prepare for an upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 using native tools and command-line interfaces. It also suggests where third-party tools can offer additional benefits to your upgrade. Since there is no direct upgrade path from SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2010, I recommend considering third-party SharePoint migrations solutions for any move from SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2010.
IT teams are looking for robust, enterprise-grade virtualization platforms can now choose from VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, Microsoft Hyper-V and others. Consequently, more organisations are looking to run multiple virtualisation platforms. While monitoring and managing performance in virtualised environments has traditionally presented a range of challenges to IT administrators, those challenges are exacerbated in environments running multiple virtualisation platforms. This paper looks at how heterogeneous virtualisation environments are growing more common in today’s organisations, and it offers a set of best practices administrators can use to efficiently and effectively manage performance in these environments.
This WinterCorp Executive Report provides an introduction to big data. The Report describes what big data really is and why big data is enabling new business opportunities. The Report then reviews requirements and describes the approach adopted by Oracle Corporation to provide its customers with enterprise class products for big data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW