The digital revolution continues to destroy firms that don’t anticipate market shifts quickly enough to leverage new opportunities and avoid new pitfalls. The need for business agility is driving the Agile movement in software development — and continuous improvement is at the heart of the movement. In this Forrester study, we look at the the intuitive and counter-intuitive data points surrounding the commonly held beliefs about the Agile development tenants that guide the day-to-day behaviour of development team members. Click to download.
Data warehousing is undergoing the most radical transformation seen since it was first conceived. One reason for this transformation is that data warehouses are on the front lines of the Big Data explosion. Not only do companies need to manage and store hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data, they also need to find ways to extract the maximum value from this torrent of increasingly complex and diverse information. Read more.
Increasingly companies are recognising the value of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). A true EDW provides a single 360-degree view of the business and a powerful platform for a wide spectrum of business intelligence tasks ranging from predictive analysis to near real-time strategic and tactical decision support throughout the organisation. Read more.
With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
This paper explains how to prepare for an upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 using native tools and command-line interfaces. It also suggests where third-party tools can offer additional benefits to your upgrade. Since there is no direct upgrade path from SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2010, I recommend considering third-party SharePoint migrations solutions for any move from SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2010.
IT teams are looking for robust, enterprise-grade virtualization platforms can now choose from VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, Microsoft Hyper-V and others. Consequently, more organisations are looking to run multiple virtualisation platforms. While monitoring and managing performance in virtualised environments has traditionally presented a range of challenges to IT administrators, those challenges are exacerbated in environments running multiple virtualisation platforms. This paper looks at how heterogeneous virtualisation environments are growing more common in today’s organisations, and it offers a set of best practices administrators can use to efficiently and effectively manage performance in these environments.
This WinterCorp Executive Report provides an introduction to big data. The Report describes what big data really is and why big data is enabling new business opportunities. The Report then reviews requirements and describes the approach adopted by Oracle Corporation to provide its customers with enterprise class products for big data.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC