How can you effectively manage your data backups when IT budgets are flat or declining? This whitepaper explains the technical and business reasons why one new innovative technology will change the way you do backups. • Traditional backups are too slow, inefficient, and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. • The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It’s time to stop the insanity with your backup strategy. • A new solution can dramatically increase backup performance, reliability, operational and disaster recovery, and better leverages current infrastructure
This whitepaper pushes mid-sized businesses to rethink what’s possible for their data storage and protection, explaining how to experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point.
• A simple user interface can perform all block-and file-oriented operations • Advanced efficiency services, such as thin provisioning and file deduplication with compression, reduce initial capacity requirements by up to 50% • Continuous fault detection and self-healing ensure data stays correct and returns correctly so that data is recoverable and accessible throughout its lifecycle
EMC is redefining storage and data protection for mid-sized organizations. Once, enterprise-class functionality was out of your reach. Now, with EMC VNXe3200 primary storage and Data Domain DD2200 protection storage, you can experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point. It’s time to rethink what’s possible.
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, flash technology has created the opportunity to deliver massive I/O performance, and transform ease-of-use, array capabilities, and business value. This quick guide demonstrates how flash can help to deliver more value at lower cost.
All-flash array can deliver unparalleled performance with in-line data services all the time A storage system based on scale-out architecture can grow according to your needs Performance, agility, scale, reliability, and advanced capabilities come together to transform IT operations
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, Flash technology has created the opportunity to not only deliver massive I/O performance, but to transform ease-of-use, array capabilities and business value. Welcome to the 100% Flash Enterprise Storage Array – where unimaginable performance is only the start.
This white paper details how a 100% Flash-based scale-out enterprise storage array delivers high levels of performance and scalability; brings new levels of ease-of-use to SAN storage, while offering new features that help to deliver advanced performance and cost savings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW