How can you effectively manage your data backups when IT budgets are flat or declining? This whitepaper explains the technical and business reasons why one new innovative technology will change the way you do backups. • Traditional backups are too slow, inefficient, and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. • The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It’s time to stop the insanity with your backup strategy. • A new solution can dramatically increase backup performance, reliability, operational and disaster recovery, and better leverages current infrastructure
This whitepaper pushes mid-sized businesses to rethink what’s possible for their data storage and protection, explaining how to experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point.
• A simple user interface can perform all block-and file-oriented operations • Advanced efficiency services, such as thin provisioning and file deduplication with compression, reduce initial capacity requirements by up to 50% • Continuous fault detection and self-healing ensure data stays correct and returns correctly so that data is recoverable and accessible throughout its lifecycle
EMC is redefining storage and data protection for mid-sized organizations. Once, enterprise-class functionality was out of your reach. Now, with EMC VNXe3200 primary storage and Data Domain DD2200 protection storage, you can experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point. It’s time to rethink what’s possible.
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, flash technology has created the opportunity to deliver massive I/O performance, and transform ease-of-use, array capabilities, and business value. This quick guide demonstrates how flash can help to deliver more value at lower cost.
All-flash array can deliver unparalleled performance with in-line data services all the time A storage system based on scale-out architecture can grow according to your needs Performance, agility, scale, reliability, and advanced capabilities come together to transform IT operations
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, Flash technology has created the opportunity to not only deliver massive I/O performance, but to transform ease-of-use, array capabilities and business value. Welcome to the 100% Flash Enterprise Storage Array – where unimaginable performance is only the start.
This white paper details how a 100% Flash-based scale-out enterprise storage array delivers high levels of performance and scalability; brings new levels of ease-of-use to SAN storage, while offering new features that help to deliver advanced performance and cost savings.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW