This white paper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and their resulting trade-offs and limitations. It determines that by thinking with random, rather than sequential I/O in mind, you can find the opportunities to improve enterprise storage systems.
Traditional backups are just too slow, inefficient and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. The data being protected is growing dramatically and backup windows are often shrinking. This whitepaper discusses how you can effectively manage your backups when IT budgets are flat.
There is a common misconception that all deduplication systems are created the same and many organizations are now doing their homework prior to making the purchase decision. This whitepaper details the key things to look for when you are researching a deduplication storage solution.
This paper provides a guide for evaluating and selecting the best all-flash storage for your enterprise class environment. The detailed content covers all product classes and where they can be best applied to your circumstances, as well as what the key elements are for each to avoid potential pitfalls in the selection process.
The IT industry has been abuzz promoting the idea of virtual desktop infrastructure. But despite its advantages, adoption has been slow, and many organizations have abandoned their VDI initiatives. This paper explores how a new flash-based approach can overcome the key VDI pitfalls, and deliver a solution that both end-users and IT administrators will love.
This webcast explores how All-Flash enterprise storage compares to traditional disk-centric arrays. Learn how to best leverage Flash so databases thrive and limitations of I/O disappear, while exploring the pitfalls and peculiarities of Flash, and how to optimise its performance as a storage solution to ensure reliance, predictability and cost savings for a variety of enterprise workloads.
Without high-availability storage, you don’t actually have anything – so for a storage system to deliver high availability, system architecture needs to handle component failure as well as service upgrades. This webcast presentation discusses the importance of high-availability to organisations, and how to make sure you can access your data whenever you need it. By using Pure Storage system architecture, along with infiniband as a stateless controller, viewers will learn how Pure Storage meet their philosophy of a “non-disruptive everything”.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW