True innovation isn’t achieved by technology alone. This paper looks at the nature of innovation and how difficult it can be to recognise, let alone embed within your ICT outsourcing arrangements, and offers better ways of enabling true business innovation. • A Deloitte survey of 5000 young leaders found that 78% of ‘millennials’ cited innovation as one of the top three purposes of business • Only 58% of the young leaders from Australia believed they work in an innovative organisation and just 46% felt their organisation helps them to be innovative • Clauses in ICT outsourcing contracts relating to innovation are typically both extremely limiting and impractical to deliver.
This whitepaper details how the Academy of Art University in the US uses high-performing, reliable workstations, servers, and PCs to help design students get ready for the workforce. • The University has a cross-academy strategy that seeks to give all departments, including faculty and administrative staff, technology that fosters innovation. • The Academy can support its technology strategy and prepare students for success in the emerging innovation economy • The University can also better support remote learning
Many organisations believe they can transform their IT operations by simply buying a new management tool. However, this is just the start. This whitepaper discusses the dynamics of a complete transformation: • Learn why IT management tools should be more than "plug & play" • The 5-step plan to implementing ITSM for the best results long-term • Understand why your approach should be more about the data and less about the tool itself
BYOD trends are putting pressure on IT departments to support all personal mobile devices in all work spaces, while Analysys Mason forecasts that revenue from mobility for mid-market enterprises will grow to US$79 billion by 2018. This white paper looks at the power of mobility as part of a unified communications (UC) platform; the competing interests of IT departments, and why vendors supplying these solutions are well prepared to meet the needs of mid-market enterprise technology and business challenges.
Over recent years, network devices have evolved way beyond their traditional role of just ‘directing traffic’. This whitepaper argues that the convergence of different technologies within the same device calls for new thinking about network management. • The introduction of new devices and advanced infrastructure has made the work of enterprise network management teams more complex • Servers, storage, operating systems and applications were the responsibility of other teams, but thanks to the converged infrastructure and new technologies, the roles of teams are blurring • Getting and keeping today’s application performance systems optimally tuned calls for high levels of network, hardware, software and application skills
In this report, UXC Connect’s Steve Saunders describes a real-life case study where a major services organisation overcame the challenge of managing diversity across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments. • For historical reasons, many large organisations put more effort into support than they should • A common challenge is managing diversity by creating commonality across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments • The solution involves centralised remote management and standardised technical support and maintenance arrangements
After Hurricane Sandy flooded its Lower Manhattan headquarters, EmblemHealth enables displaced employees to re-engage and reconnect with their co-workers by supplying Dell laptops to maintain productivity from remote locations.
-Company headquarters flooded by Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge left 1,900 employees without offices -Loss of office space for so many corporate staff employees threatened to disrupt a timely conclusion to the company’s fiscal year-end -Newly gained flexibilty and productivity was enabled by access to over 900 laptops and desktops from Dell
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC