True innovation isn’t achieved by technology alone. This paper looks at the nature of innovation and how difficult it can be to recognise, let alone embed within your ICT outsourcing arrangements, and offers better ways of enabling true business innovation. • A Deloitte survey of 5000 young leaders found that 78% of ‘millennials’ cited innovation as one of the top three purposes of business • Only 58% of the young leaders from Australia believed they work in an innovative organisation and just 46% felt their organisation helps them to be innovative • Clauses in ICT outsourcing contracts relating to innovation are typically both extremely limiting and impractical to deliver.
This whitepaper details how the Academy of Art University in the US uses high-performing, reliable workstations, servers, and PCs to help design students get ready for the workforce. • The University has a cross-academy strategy that seeks to give all departments, including faculty and administrative staff, technology that fosters innovation. • The Academy can support its technology strategy and prepare students for success in the emerging innovation economy • The University can also better support remote learning
Many organisations believe they can transform their IT operations by simply buying a new management tool. However, this is just the start. This whitepaper discusses the dynamics of a complete transformation: • Learn why IT management tools should be more than "plug & play" • The 5-step plan to implementing ITSM for the best results long-term • Understand why your approach should be more about the data and less about the tool itself
BYOD trends are putting pressure on IT departments to support all personal mobile devices in all work spaces, while Analysys Mason forecasts that revenue from mobility for mid-market enterprises will grow to US$79 billion by 2018. This white paper looks at the power of mobility as part of a unified communications (UC) platform; the competing interests of IT departments, and why vendors supplying these solutions are well prepared to meet the needs of mid-market enterprise technology and business challenges.
Over recent years, network devices have evolved way beyond their traditional role of just ‘directing traffic’. This whitepaper argues that the convergence of different technologies within the same device calls for new thinking about network management. • The introduction of new devices and advanced infrastructure has made the work of enterprise network management teams more complex • Servers, storage, operating systems and applications were the responsibility of other teams, but thanks to the converged infrastructure and new technologies, the roles of teams are blurring • Getting and keeping today’s application performance systems optimally tuned calls for high levels of network, hardware, software and application skills
In this report, UXC Connect’s Steve Saunders describes a real-life case study where a major services organisation overcame the challenge of managing diversity across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments. • For historical reasons, many large organisations put more effort into support than they should • A common challenge is managing diversity by creating commonality across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments • The solution involves centralised remote management and standardised technical support and maintenance arrangements
After Hurricane Sandy flooded its Lower Manhattan headquarters, EmblemHealth enables displaced employees to re-engage and reconnect with their co-workers by supplying Dell laptops to maintain productivity from remote locations.
-Company headquarters flooded by Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge left 1,900 employees without offices -Loss of office space for so many corporate staff employees threatened to disrupt a timely conclusion to the company’s fiscal year-end -Newly gained flexibilty and productivity was enabled by access to over 900 laptops and desktops from Dell
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT