Over time we have learnt that teleconferencing services have made organisations work faster, more focused and environmentally responsible. In this case study, we look at the travel costs that are avoided, the more effective decision-making capacity that is unlocked and the better work-life balance that is afforded to employees. Click to download!
Every year, 32 music graduates are selected from around the world by Southbank Sinfonia for public performance and professional development. Since investing in a strong telepresence, the organisation has been able to recruit musicians from New Zealand to Spain and dramatically reduce their travelling costs and their carbon footprint. Click to download!
With the challenges of sovereign debt, economic malaise, youth unemployment, resource scarcity, we may need to rethink and rebuild many of the organisations and industries that have served us well for decades, but have reached the end of their life cycles. In this report we discuss the new approaches in mass collaboration and how new innovations will change the face of today's workplace.
Whilst offices are still one of our most powerful collaboration tools available, global collaboration requires us to communicate wherever we happen to be using a host of other tools. In this whitepaper, we look at the future of business collaboration technologies and strategic orientation that leads to best practice.
A 5-year old analogue telephony system used by law firm Robinson Legal was costing $36,000 annually in call line and rental charges yet the phones were only being used to make, take and transfer calls without the multi functional benefits available from unified communications and collaboration. Learn how Robinson Legal selected a highly flexible telephony solution that integrated voice, e-mail, text, and faxes and mobile devices – all accessible from just one call number.
Time is money. Every minute a consignment is held up in transit costs money and causes problems. Web and email are mission critical business tools that enable Maman, and their customers, to efficiently collaborate with partners across the globe. Spam, and other web based threats can result in delays that ultimately lead to missed deadlines - keeping the lines of communication open is therefore a key priority for Maman. Read on.
The demands on day-to-day business activities are changing all the time with the wide variety of communications media now available being a major contributing factor. They also serve to cut response times, thereby speeding up processes. With employees often working across many different sites being able to control their availability, enables new opportunities for working more efficiently.
Unified & Collaborative Communications (UCC) is currently a catchword in modern communication. At Aastra, this means that various media, such as e-mail, fax, video and, of course, telephony, are deployed together as a solution package.
The on-premise deployment of Unified Communications (UC) continues to be a source of considerable corporate angst especially for the Small to Medium Business (SMB) sector. IT research firm Gartner believes UCaaS will be adopted as an adjunct service by large enterprises and as a core service by SMBs before 2015. To help SMBs choose the best offering and develop a suitable roadmap Computerworld has prepared this special feature profiling the major offerings in the Australian market.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCProject Specialist l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA