Like many municipalities, the City of Davenport wanted to transition to the more flexible and efficient IT infrastructure afforded by virtual desktops (VDI). However, the mechanical disk-based array they were using wasn’t able to meet the performance requirements for their initial VDI pilot deployment of 50 VMs. In this case study, we look at how the City of Davenport upgraded its VDI.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCBI Program DirectorNSW
- CCWorkplace Design LeadNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Java/Oracle) 161102/SSA/624Asia
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 161103/AP/581Asia
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC