One of Australasia’s largest and most successful recruitment and human capital management companies share their success story after recruiting a user virtualization platform, giving them control over the users and devices that have access to specific applications.
QBE insurance group met the challenge of swiftly deploying a desktop virtualization solution, after practically outsourcing its entire IT department overnight. Read their story to learn how to allow users a comfortable desktop while ensuring that IT can maintain control.
This paper presents a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of the User Virtualization Platform on organizations having shared server-based computing environment.
Using virtualisation to reduce the number of servers in the data center immediately reduces power, cooling and space requirements, lowering ongoing OPEX. Reducing the number of servers also reduces expensive space requirements, allowing for more services to be added to an existing data center, extending the life of this large investment
Cloud computing is a disruptive transformation for IT. Public cloud offerings allow the business to directly access external services, creating security holes and quality blind spots while potentially eroding enterprise IT’s perceived value. To become internally agile and efficient, IT must go beyond just virtualizing servers to provide elastic, on-demand private cloud services. At the same time, IT needs to transform itself into the master of a dynamic service supply chain, driving smart sourcing decisions and orchestrating how internal, external, virtual, and traditional resources work together to optimize business value.
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
Cisco Unified Fabric Switching at a glance - view the product portfolio, features and key benefits. Download this free data centre poster.
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC