Organisations face a juggling act with the need to improve backup and recovery, increase server virtualization, manage data growth, while remaining in operation. Virtualization has complicated the protection landscape, as protecting virtual environments can be a challenge, especially as VMs are quickly and easily created, moved, and deleted in data centres and in the cloud. This white paper explores how new backup systems have been invigorated with future-proof functionality aimed at today’s virtualized environments, offering the backup “fountain of youth”.
Backing up data today is growing more complex - and in an era of virtualisation, big data and cloud deployments, it can be difficult to maintain control over your data, resulting in loss and downtime. This hour-long webcast features expert commentary on navigating the complexity of backing up a heavily virtualised infrastructure; simplifying your backup software and hardware ecosystem; reducing the cost of backing up your organisation’s data, and modernising your backup infrastructure with integration. The presentations will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
Modern trends in IT are changing how data centres are being designed and managed. Data centres continue to evolve from an environment based on physical servers and storage to one based on virtualization platforms. Data management solutions need to evolve and adapt to these shifts. This white paper discusses how new software can provide unprecedented scale and server consolidation capabilities in evolving a cloud based data centres, providing the automation, flexibility and scale needed to meet increasingly challenging business needs.
Backup is becoming more complex. In addition to protecting physical servers, solutions must handle virtual environments and efficiently manage growing volumes of data. This white paper provides analysis on the cost and performance of “champions” in the heterogeneous backup software market, and help mid to large sized enterprises choose the software and vendor that will best meet their specific backup and restore objectives at the lowest possible cost.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
As the world becomes increasingly hyper-connected, the opportunities for innovation and new business models are virtually limitless. However, with so much business-critical information at stake, the need to protect a company's IT assets is more important than ever before. This paper aims to profile the emerging players who comprise today’s emerging threat ecosystem; today's trends and the latest insights into the future.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
Increasing agility and automation in the data centre to optimise application delivery requires a complete, end-to-end, coordinated virtual infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow applications and the physical network to collaborate, thereby providing a high quality experience for users and enabling optimisation of resources. The ideal solution should follow a Software Defined Networking (SDN) approach. Learn more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW