Organisations face a juggling act with the need to improve backup and recovery, increase server virtualization, manage data growth, while remaining in operation. Virtualization has complicated the protection landscape, as protecting virtual environments can be a challenge, especially as VMs are quickly and easily created, moved, and deleted in data centres and in the cloud. This white paper explores how new backup systems have been invigorated with future-proof functionality aimed at today’s virtualized environments, offering the backup “fountain of youth”.
Backing up data today is growing more complex - and in an era of virtualisation, big data and cloud deployments, it can be difficult to maintain control over your data, resulting in loss and downtime. This hour-long webcast features expert commentary on navigating the complexity of backing up a heavily virtualised infrastructure; simplifying your backup software and hardware ecosystem; reducing the cost of backing up your organisation’s data, and modernising your backup infrastructure with integration. The presentations will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
Modern trends in IT are changing how data centres are being designed and managed. Data centres continue to evolve from an environment based on physical servers and storage to one based on virtualization platforms. Data management solutions need to evolve and adapt to these shifts. This white paper discusses how new software can provide unprecedented scale and server consolidation capabilities in evolving a cloud based data centres, providing the automation, flexibility and scale needed to meet increasingly challenging business needs.
Backup is becoming more complex. In addition to protecting physical servers, solutions must handle virtual environments and efficiently manage growing volumes of data. This white paper provides analysis on the cost and performance of “champions” in the heterogeneous backup software market, and help mid to large sized enterprises choose the software and vendor that will best meet their specific backup and restore objectives at the lowest possible cost.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
As the world becomes increasingly hyper-connected, the opportunities for innovation and new business models are virtually limitless. However, with so much business-critical information at stake, the need to protect a company's IT assets is more important than ever before. This paper aims to profile the emerging players who comprise today’s emerging threat ecosystem; today's trends and the latest insights into the future.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
Increasing agility and automation in the data centre to optimise application delivery requires a complete, end-to-end, coordinated virtual infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow applications and the physical network to collaborate, thereby providing a high quality experience for users and enabling optimisation of resources. The ideal solution should follow a Software Defined Networking (SDN) approach. Learn more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTWorkbrain Functional ExpertNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA