As the world becomes increasingly hyper-connected, the opportunities for innovation and new business models are virtually limitless. However, with so much business-critical information at stake, the need to protect a company's IT assets is more important than ever before. This paper aims to profile the emerging players who comprise today’s emerging threat ecosystem; today's trends and the latest insights into the future.
Increasing agility and automation in the data centre to optimise application delivery requires a complete, end-to-end, coordinated virtual infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow applications and the physical network to collaborate, thereby providing a high quality experience for users and enabling optimisation of resources. The ideal solution should follow a Software Defined Networking (SDN) approach. Learn more.
The benefits of determining data center infrastructure efficiency as part of an effective energy management plan are widely recognised. The standard metrics of Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and its reciprocal Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency1 (DCIE) have emerged as recognised standards. This paper defines a standard approach to collecting data from data centers and showing how to use it to calculate PUE, with a focus on what to do with data that is confusing or incomplete.
The consolidation of one or more data centres into an existing data centre is a common occurrence. This paper gives examples of what is becoming a standard architecture for preparing the physical infrastructure in the receiving data centre. This approach allows for shorter timelines and high efficiency while avoiding the commonly expected difficulties and complexities often experienced with consolidation projects.
To stay competitive in today’s rapidly changing business world, companies must update the way they view the value of their investment in data centre physical infrastructure (DCPI). This whitepaper discusses how companies can succeed in a changing global market. Read now.
How can you avoid making major mistakes when operating and maintaining your data centre(s)? The key lies in the methodology behind your operations and maintenance program. This whitepaper explores the top ten mistakes in data centre operations. Read now.
This paper discusses making realistic improvements to power, cooling, racks, physical security, monitoring, and lighting. The focus of this paper is on small server rooms and branch offices with up to 10kW of IT load.
IT virtualisation, the engine behind cloud computing, can have significant consequences on the data centre physical infrastructure. The particular effects of virtualisation are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them are offered. Download to learn more.
Virtualisation has become the very technology engine behind cloud computing itself, while the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them.
While the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure (DCPI) are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them. Read this whitepaper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTSystem testersACT