By taking advantage of ready-to- use virtual services and environments, you can significantly expedite new projects, reduce dependency on IT teams and create an environment for business agility. •Executives often employ business process management (BPM), to enhance agility •BPM uses software and services to identify, document, automate and continuously improve business processes •Address customer and IT-related challenges more effectively and help transform your enterprise to a BPM-focused, globally integrated organisation
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems.
· Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments
· There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies
· One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
Application and desktop virtualization allows IT to address a broad range of business priorities from empowering workers across remote and branch locations to mobilizing Windows apps on any device. At the same time, an all-at-once, one-size-fits-all implementation is neither realistic nor desirable for most enterprises. IT’s plans for app and desktop virtualization need to align with corporate budgets and priorities, and provide the right desktop in the right way for each user.
Desktop virtualization can be a powerful driver of business transformation, making it possible to deliver the apps and data people depend on whenever they need them, on whatever device best supports their productivity. But desktop virtualization is far from a one-size-fits-all solution—there are many ways to meet users’ needs, each with its own costs and benefits. To realize the full value of desktop virtualization, you need the flexibility to deliver virtual apps and desktops using a variety of methods to balance user requirements, cost and manageability in the right way for each use case in your organization.
This whitepaper provides some frequently asked questions and important insights about private clouds, to help organisations discover how private clouds add value while maintaining simplicity, enabling automation and driving self-service.
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
Learn how Kernkraftwerk Leibstadt (KKL), a Swiss nuclear power plant, achieved 95% virtualization with 50% fewer servers in just two months by implementing a Vblock System. The solution ensures that KKL can reliably deliver the continuous electricity supply safely and cost effectively.
The rise of BYOD is creating governance and regulatory nightmares while providing end users with unprecedented flexibility and agility. While IT is still intrigued by the possibility of a better desktop management model and the operational savings client virtualization software could deliver, it is the increased governance and the ability to deliver desktops, applications, and data to any device that are driving today's purchases.
Employees are one of your greatest risks to information security. We share five proven techniques to strengthen your security strategy and protect your business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW