By taking advantage of ready-to- use virtual services and environments, you can significantly expedite new projects, reduce dependency on IT teams and create an environment for business agility. •Executives often employ business process management (BPM), to enhance agility •BPM uses software and services to identify, document, automate and continuously improve business processes •Address customer and IT-related challenges more effectively and help transform your enterprise to a BPM-focused, globally integrated organisation
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems.
· Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments
· There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies
· One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
Application and desktop virtualization allows IT to address a broad range of business priorities from empowering workers across remote and branch locations to mobilizing Windows apps on any device. At the same time, an all-at-once, one-size-fits-all implementation is neither realistic nor desirable for most enterprises. IT’s plans for app and desktop virtualization need to align with corporate budgets and priorities, and provide the right desktop in the right way for each user.
Desktop virtualization can be a powerful driver of business transformation, making it possible to deliver the apps and data people depend on whenever they need them, on whatever device best supports their productivity. But desktop virtualization is far from a one-size-fits-all solution—there are many ways to meet users’ needs, each with its own costs and benefits. To realize the full value of desktop virtualization, you need the flexibility to deliver virtual apps and desktops using a variety of methods to balance user requirements, cost and manageability in the right way for each use case in your organization.
This whitepaper provides some frequently asked questions and important insights about private clouds, to help organisations discover how private clouds add value while maintaining simplicity, enabling automation and driving self-service.
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
Learn how Kernkraftwerk Leibstadt (KKL), a Swiss nuclear power plant, achieved 95% virtualization with 50% fewer servers in just two months by implementing a Vblock System. The solution ensures that KKL can reliably deliver the continuous electricity supply safely and cost effectively.
The rise of BYOD is creating governance and regulatory nightmares while providing end users with unprecedented flexibility and agility. While IT is still intrigued by the possibility of a better desktop management model and the operational savings client virtualization software could deliver, it is the increased governance and the ability to deliver desktops, applications, and data to any device that are driving today's purchases.
Employees are one of your greatest risks to information security. We share five proven techniques to strengthen your security strategy and protect your business.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceACT
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollVIC
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)ACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystACT
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW