Given the advances attackers have been making, it is very unlikely that organizations will be able to keep motivated and patient adversaries out of their networks. In most cases, the best one can hope for is to detect targeted attacks early and limit the amount of information the attackers can obtain access to. In this whitepaper, we identify the timeline of a typical attack sequence and the tools available for implementing custom defence strategies.
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More business operations are moving online and end-user devices—corporate-issued and user-owned—are expanding in number and variety. A reasonable question asked by executives responsible for making decisions on their organisations’ security budgets is whether their money and resources are being spent wisely. Are their businesses buying and using the best mix of security technologies to meet their needs and obligations? Read on.
Clearswift’s SECURE Web and Email gateway security solutions are designed to accelerate the returns on your virtualisation strategy. Our award-‐winning web and email solutions consolidate existing multiple point security products and vendors into unified web and email solutions. Read more.
The FireEye Advanced Threat Report for the second half of 2011 is based on research and trend analysis conducted by the FireEye Malware Intelligence Labs. This report provides an overview of advanced targeted attacks in the second half of 2011 and was developed to provide insights into the current threat landscape, evolving advanced persistent threat (APT) tactics, and the level of infiltration seen in organisational networks today. This is not a typical threat report with just tallies of the millions of well-known malware or billions of spam messages. Read more.
There are a lot of misconceptions out there about safe web browsing. You might think you're being safe. But without the facts it’s next to impossible to stay protected against today’s changing threats. In this paper we describe the top five myths of safe web browsing, what the facts really are, and what you can do to stay secure.
Small businesses are especially vulnerable to computer viruses and lost or stolen data, since they typically lack the IT resources to deal with these threats. Inadequately protected computers open the door to annoying infections, or worse, serious business disruption. Below are five simple and effective strategies to help you protect your business against an ever-increasing number of threats.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager -Wealth/Funds Management SoftwareVIC
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst- Systems & Network -Telco backgroundNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCDB2 System ProgrammerVIC
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- TPSenior .Net Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW