Given the advances attackers have been making, it is very unlikely that organizations will be able to keep motivated and patient adversaries out of their networks. In most cases, the best one can hope for is to detect targeted attacks early and limit the amount of information the attackers can obtain access to. In this whitepaper, we identify the timeline of a typical attack sequence and the tools available for implementing custom defence strategies.
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More business operations are moving online and end-user devices—corporate-issued and user-owned—are expanding in number and variety. A reasonable question asked by executives responsible for making decisions on their organisations’ security budgets is whether their money and resources are being spent wisely. Are their businesses buying and using the best mix of security technologies to meet their needs and obligations? Read on.
Clearswift’s SECURE Web and Email gateway security solutions are designed to accelerate the returns on your virtualisation strategy. Our award-‐winning web and email solutions consolidate existing multiple point security products and vendors into unified web and email solutions. Read more.
The FireEye Advanced Threat Report for the second half of 2011 is based on research and trend analysis conducted by the FireEye Malware Intelligence Labs. This report provides an overview of advanced targeted attacks in the second half of 2011 and was developed to provide insights into the current threat landscape, evolving advanced persistent threat (APT) tactics, and the level of infiltration seen in organisational networks today. This is not a typical threat report with just tallies of the millions of well-known malware or billions of spam messages. Read more.
There are a lot of misconceptions out there about safe web browsing. You might think you're being safe. But without the facts it’s next to impossible to stay protected against today’s changing threats. In this paper we describe the top five myths of safe web browsing, what the facts really are, and what you can do to stay secure.
Small businesses are especially vulnerable to computer viruses and lost or stolen data, since they typically lack the IT resources to deal with these threats. Inadequately protected computers open the door to annoying infections, or worse, serious business disruption. Below are five simple and effective strategies to help you protect your business against an ever-increasing number of threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW