Copying parts of one document to another can be a pain in Word 6, 7, and 97. But Microsoft has finally heard our pleas. Office 2000 offers a feature called Collect and Paste - a little tool to help users copy multiple items, text, or graphics to the Clipboard, and then paste them in a new document.
Here's how it works:
1. With the source document open, right-click any toolbar, then select Clipboard from the pop-up menu.
2. Drag the new Office Clipboard toolbar to a convenient location.
3. Select the text or object you want to copy. Click the Copy icon on the floating Clipboard toolbar. Repeat this step for other objects you wish to duplicate.
4. Open or switch to the destination document and position the cursor where you want to paste.
5. To paste one item from the Clipboard, just click that item's icon on the Clipboard toolbar. (Hint: hover the mouse pointer over an icon to see the first few letters.)6. To paste the entire Clipboard with all items in the same order you added to it, click the Paste All icon.
7. To clear the Clipboard of all entries, click the Delete icon.