The demand for high performance computing in laptops has never been greater.
destra Media & 3 mobile launch Australia’s first mobile music subscription download service
- 18 January, 2006 10:12
<p>Melbourne, 18 January 2006 – MP3.com.au, a division of destra Media , one of the business arms of destra Corporation Limited (ASX: DES), and 3 mobile have launched Australia’s first mobile subscription based digital music download service, offering 3 mobile customers the country’s largest digital music catalogue of independent artists.</p>
<p>The mp3.com.au service on 3 mobile, allows customers access to the MP3.com.au catalogue, including 100,000 tracks of independent music. 3 customers have the ability to download tracks from this extensive catalogue, which includes 15,000 Australian and 10,000 international artists through a $3.00 per month subscription service.</p>
<p>“This is the first time in Australia that a mobile network is able to offer such a service,” said Domenic Carosa, destra’s CEO. “3 mobile is adding genuine value to its customer base by making available and simplifying unlimited downloads of high quality digital music to mobile handsets.”</p>
<p>The 100,000 MP3.com.au tracks are converted into the mobile standard (mpg4) on 3’s mobile network. destra Media is hosting and managing the service and has developed the user interface and experience for 3 mobile customers.</p>
<p>“Working with destra to deliver MP3.com.au on 3 mobile gives our customers access to unsigned, talented music recording artists,” said Annie Mackin, 3 mobile’s Head of Content. “The subscription service allows our customers to download as many tracks as they want from mp3.com.au’s extensive catalogue of songs as often as they want each month.”</p>
destra Corporation Limited
destra (ASX:DES) is a leading internet and e-commerce company delivering internet business and consumer entertainment solutions through its two arms – destra Media and destra Business.</p>
<p>destra Media divisions include destra Music – facilitators of the online distribution of digital music; Musicpoint - a web-based service for radio stations providing automated online distribution of new releases; MP3.com.au – Australia’s number one digital music provider for independent and unsigned artists; The Rajon Music & Video Group - one of the largest independent record labels in Australia.</p>
<p>Business communications offerings are delivered through the following divisions – destra Business and TPP Internet. These divisions service the SME sector through mid tier to large corporations delivering on their needs in data connectivity, voice communications and all levels of hosting and domain name services.</p>
3 is Australia’s first and largest 3G network, bringing over half a million customers live video calling, high-speed email, mobile broadband, live mobile TV, full length audio and video music tracks and other great entertainment and information services in 3’s Broadband Zones.</p>
<p>Three facts about 3:
• 3 launched Australia’s first 3G mobile network in April 2003 and now has over 500,000 customers in Australia and 10 million customers worldwide.
• Over 60% of 3’s customers are regular users of 3’s content services on Planet 3, including 24/7 access to Music channels Vandalism and Rage, Sports from Fox Sports, Mobile TV from CNN and Cartoon Network.
• 3's Broadband Zones are available in most parts of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and the Gold Coast. On 3 you have access to 96% of the Australian population for Talk, SMS, MMS and Email.</p>
<p>For further information please contact:</p>
<p>Domenic Carosa - CEO, destra Corporation
Tel: +61 3 8415 9111 / 0411 19 69 79
<p>Tess Mion– 3 mobile
Tel: +61 2 9964 4268
- Ten Smartphones You Can Buy For Less Than $200
- Huawei Matebook X Pro review: Homecoming King
- Top 10 Apple and Android smartphones you can buy for under $300
- Which edition of Resident Evil 2 should I buy?
- Apple's Airplay 2 and HomeKit tech will be in many 2019 smart TVs, but what about the TV you already own?