The software title line-up that will be available on Nov. 11 when Sony Computer Entertainment's (SCEI) PlayStation 3 console launches in Japan became a little clearer on Friday.
SCEI published details of upcoming titles as the Tokyo Game Show 2006 got under way. At least six games are planned to be available with the PlayStation 3 on launch day. Two games each will come from SCEI and Bandai Namco and a title each from Konami and Sega, according to the information.
One game was also given a price: "Konami's Mahjong Fight Club Online" will cost YEN 4,980 (AUD$57).
Demonstration versions of many of the games are on show at the Tokyo Game Show, which was held until Sunday at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, east of Tokyo.
Upcoming PlayStation 3 titles, publishers and genres listed by projected Japan launch date:
- Nov. 11 (launch day for the PlayStation 3 in Japan):
- "Resistance: Fall of Man" (SCEI) / First person shooter
- "Genji: Days of the Blade" (SCEI) / Action
- "Ridge Racer 7" (Namco Bandai) / Racing
- "Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight" (Namco Bandai) / 3D Action shooting
- "MahJong Fight Club Online" (Konami) / Mahjong
- "Sega Golf Club featuring Miyazato Family" (Sega) / Golf
- November 2006:
- "Mahjong Taikai IV" (Koei) / Mahjong
- December 2006
- "Gran Turismo HD" (working title) (SCEI) / Real driving simulator
- "Armored Core 4" (FromSoftware) / High-speed mech-action
- "MotorStorm" (SCEI) / Race
- "Formula One Championship" (working title) (SCEI) / F1 Simulator
- "Fatal Inertia" (Koei) / Flying combat racing
- "Sonic the Hedgehog" (Sega) / Action adventure
- "Railfan" (Ongakukan) / Variety
- "Need for Speed Carbon" (Electronic Arts) / Street race
- "NBA Live 07" (Electronic Arts) / Basketball
- "Enchant Arm" (FromSoftware) / Role playing game