IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
Symantec Unveils New Operational and Residency Service Models to Help Customers Adopt Best Practices, Improve Efficiencies, and Better Manage IT Risk
- 14 December, 2006 15:11
<p>Service offerings include seven Remote IT Infrastructure Management Operational Services for Asia Pacific and Japan markets</p>
<p>AUSTRALIA, Sydney – 14 December 2006 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) recently announced two new service models, Symantec Operational Services and Symantec Residency Services, offered through Symantec Global Consulting Services. Three operational and residency services are now available worldwide, along with an additional seven Remote IT Infrastructure Management (RIIM) Operational Service offerings available in Asia Pacific and Japan region. These collective services provide enterprise customers with an extended range of IT infrastructure management service options to incorporate best practices, improve efficiencies, and ultimately improve overall IT risk management.</p>
<p>“Customer needs continue to evolve as the level of risk around managing IT infrastructure increases,” said Doug Chandler, IDC program director. “Many enterprise organisations, while not interested in full-scale outsourcing, would like to build a long-term relationship with a strategic IT consulting partner that can help manage their critical IT processes around security and availability.”</p>
<p>Symantec Operational Services enable customers to outsource key IT functions to seasoned Symantec experts under customised service level agreements to meet their specific needs. These services can be provided at the customer’s site, delivered remotely, or provided via an integrated combination of both.</p>
<p>Symantec Residency Services, in contrast, provide knowledgeable experts to augment an organisation’s IT staff on a consulting fee-basis. Residencies are offered at three levels – Executive, Expert, and Technical –providing customers with flexibility on the type and level of expertise they require.</p>
<p>By leveraging Symantec’s deep expertise with both Symantec and third-party technologies under either service model, customers are able to reduce the complexity and costs associated with managing heterogeneous environments, improve performance, and significantly reduce associated IT risks.</p>
<p>“Customers are asking for new ways to address increasingly complex IT challenges,” said Miles Batten, VP of Symantec Global Consulting Services for the APJ region. “Organisations face growing costs associated with managing intricate IT environments, meeting compliance mandates, and addressing multiple IT risks related to people and processes. With these services, customers can outsource key functions to experienced Symantec professionals armed with best practices, and reassign their internal resources to attend to strategic initiatives that more closely align with their corporate business goals.”</p>
<p>New Service Offerings</p>
<p>Symantec’s recently launched global service offerings are Symantec Data Protection Operational Services, Symantec Data Protection Residency Services, and Symantec Antivirus Residency Services:</p>
<p>* Through Symantec Data Protection Operational Services, Symantec consultants can manage all backup and recovery processes, provide 24 X 7 remote monitoring and alerting services, and manage end-to-end protection of or recovery of mission critical data for enterprise customers.
* Symantec Data Protection Residency Services include management of backup and recovery infrastructure, assessments of data protection readiness, analysis and prevention of high impact incidents, and execution of emergency response.
* Symantec Antivirus Residency Services leverage Symantec’s unmatched security expertise and include data capture, incident handling analysis, benchmarking and trending, customised reporting, and overall project management.</p>
<p>In addition, seven new RIIM Operational Services are now available in the APJ region, including:</p>
<p>1. Antivirus – Operational service that manages the complete lifecycle of antivirus products on customers’ desktop, laptop and smart devices.
2. Web Content Filtering – Manages the risks of inappropriate and malicious content, as well as management of staff internet browser use.
3. Email Security – Manages the Malware and Spam threats organisations face from one of their most important business tools, email.
4. Patch Management – Provides a continuous program of managing system patches to ensure critical business systems are not exposed to threats from vulnerabilities and malicious activities.
5. Email Archiving – Manages the archiving of all business related email communications, allowing for cost effective storage of mass amounts of email correspondence.
6. Email Discovery – Manages the search and retrieval of all business-related email communications, allowing for easy retrieval of corporate IP within email.
7. Backup and Restoration – Manages all backup and recovery processes across any hardware or application environment.</p>
<p>The three global offerings – Symantec Data Protection Operational Services, Symantec Data Protection Residency Services, and Symantec Antivirus Residency Services – along with seven remote operational management services in the APJ region – Antivirus, Web Content Filtering, Email Security, Patch Management, Email Archiving, Email Discovery, and Backup and Restoration – are available now. Additional operational and residency services are planned for global release in 2007.</p>
<p>About Symantec Consulting Services</p>
<p>Symantec Consulting Services has helped IT teams from over 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies enhance and maintain the security and availability of their information and infrastructures. With over 900 consultants worldwide, Symantec provides consulting services to customers in more than 60 countries and participate in more than 4,000 engagements per year.</p>
<p>Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com <http:></http:> .</p>
<p>NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news <http:> . All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.</http:></p>
<p>Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.</p>
+61 2 8879 1110
Debbie_sassine@symantec.com <mailto:debbie_sassine> ></mailto:debbie_sassine></p>
+61 2 9954 3492
Angela.email@example.com <mailto:angela.coombes> ></mailto:angela.coombes></p>
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- 20 Essential Party Games On PC And Console To Play With Family And Friends
- Oppo debut flagship Find X smartphone with almost no-bezels
- Nvidia to bring Shield TV to Australian market
- Upcoming Overwatch Contenders Finals set for Melbourne Esports Open