Quantum Introduces GoVault Data Protection Solution to Help Simplify and Secure Backups for Small Businesses and Branch Offices
- 11 July, 2007 13:13
<p>First Removable Disk Product to Feature Data De-duplication, Delivering up to 20:1 Data Reduction</p>
<p>SYDNEY, Aust., July 10, 2007 – Quantum Corp. (NYSE:QTM), the leading global specialist in backup, recovery and archive, today announced the GoVault™ Data Protection Solution. Designed for small businesses and branch offices, GoVault is a fast, simple and highly reliable disk-based, all-in-one storage solution. It includes a tabletop or server-embedded intelligent dock and two rugged, removable cartridges for on-site and off-site data protection. In addition, GoVault includes backup software for Windows featuring unique data de-duplication technology that reduces the number of cartridges required for backups by as much as 20:1 over alternative tape- and disk-backup products and, thereby, provides a significant cost advantage.</p>
<p>“Current backup methods used by small businesses tend to be labour-intensive and can have reliability, performance and capacity issues,” said Heidi Biggar, analyst for Enterprise Strategy Group. “Quantum’s GoVault removable disk drive solution not only addresses these challenges, but it also provides cost-effective scalability and capacity by leveraging de-duplication technology.”</p>
<p>Providing an alternative to existing tape or optical storage options, the GoVault Data Protection Solution combines the portability and long-term archive functionality of tape with the performance and ease-of-use of disk to meet customers’ data protection requirements.</p>
<p>* Speed – By only storing changes to files, backups can be completed in minutes, instead of hours; transfer speeds average 26-34 MB per second.
* Simplicity – Every backup is a full backup, eliminating the complexity of managing incremental backups, and files can be restored in seconds using simple drag-and-drop capabilities from the familiar Windows Explorer interface.
* Reliability – Rugged, sealed hard disk cartridges are designed to be removed for off-site data protection, can withstand up to a one-meter drop on hard surfaces, and provide up to a 10-year shelf-life for archiving.
* Security – GoVault has password protection and encryption to secure cartridges while they are transported off-site for disaster recovery or in the event they are stolen or misplaced.
* Affordability – At just $.10 per GB, GoVault is a low-cost alternative to tape and provides advanced protection at a price small businesses can afford.</p>
<p>With de-duplication technology and a range of cartridge-capacity sizes, GoVault can hold up to 20 times the data of traditional, entry-level tape solutions and run backups up to 10 times faster – further reducing total cost of ownership. The combination of data de-duplication technology and an out-of-the-box backup solution enables small businesses or remote offices to begin implementing data protection and backup best practices.</p>
<p>“The GoVault Data Protection Solution is a rugged, simple-to-use, disk-based backup alternative for customers that are currently using tape backup solutions or do not back up their data at all,” said Craig Tamlin, country manager Australia & New Zealand for Quantum. “In addition to data de-duplication, small business customers can draw on our overall leadership in backup, recovery and archive, for a complete backup solution that makes protecting data easy and affordable.”</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability</p>
<p>The GoVault Data Protection Solution is available through Quantum and its distribution partners. Customers can select an internal or tabletop dock and multiple cartridge capacities. MSRP for this comprehensive backup solution starts at $392 (ex GST) for an internal server dock, two 40 GB cartridges, SATA II cabling, and the GoVault Data Protection de-duplication technology. Cartridges begin at $100 and are available in 40 GB, 80 GB, 120 GB and 160 GB capacities.</p>
<p>For more information, please visit: http://www.quantum.com/Products/removabledrives/Index.aspx</p>
<p>Quantum Corp. (NYSE:QTM) is the leading global storage company specializing in backup, recovery and archive. Combining focused expertise, customer-driven innovation, and platform independence, Quantum provides a comprehensive, integrated range of disk, tape, and software solutions supported by a world-class sales and service organization. As a long-standing and trusted partner, the company works closely with a broad network of resellers, OEMs and other suppliers to meet customers’ evolving data protection needs. Quantum Corp., 1650 Technology Drive, Suite 700, San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 944-4000, www.quantum.com.</p>
(+ 612) 9954 3492
- Apple's Airplay 2 and HomeKit tech will be in many 2019 smart TVs, but what about the TV you already own?
- Top 10 Apple and Android smartphones you can buy for under $300
- Oppo's AX7 has a teardrop notch and a 4230mAh battery
- Jabra amplify enterprise offering with new Evolve 65t earbuds
- Sony miniaturize mirrorless tech with the new α6400