Idera launches "first and only" SQL Defrag Manager in Asia Pacific
- 16 August, 2007 17:26
<p>PRESS RELEASE: Sydney – 17 August 2007 —</p>
<p>CLAIMED TO BE THE FIRST AND ONLY DATABASE PRODUCT OF ITS KIND - SQL TOOLS ANNOUNCES NEW IDERA DEFRAG MANAGER THAT IMPROVES SQL SERVER DATABASE PERFORMANCE AND REDUCES THE DBA'S WORKLOAD.</p>
<p>(A free, 14 day, fully-functional evaluation copy is available at: www.sqltools.com.au Contact Details: Tony Finnemore: SQLTools from Idera - in Asia Pacific - 02 9878 8090 - Download Idera's free tools and trials for ALL of Idera's SQL Server tools at: www.sqltools.com.au/products)</p>
<p>NOTE: The new Idera Defrag Manager is the company’s first product to be released since Idera, a leading global provider of management and administration solutions for Microsoft SQL Server announced - on 18 July – that they were opening their first Asia Pacific office in Melbourne to support SQL Tools, their Master Distributor for APAC who was experiencing “unusually fast” growth in the region.</p>
<p>The Defrag Manager joins a suite of SQL support tools including:</p>
<p>• SQLsecure – (NEW) 1.2 Assess security risks & audit access rights on SQL Server
• SQL diagnostic manager - Monitor, diagnose & manage performance of your SQL Servers
• SQLsafe – (NEW) 4.0 Accelerate, compress & encrypt SQL Server database backups
• SQL compliance manager - Capture, audit & alert on SQL Server user activity
• SQLscaler – (NEW) 2.0 Test database scalability & performance on your SQL Servers</p>
<p>SQL defrag manager 1.2 automatically finds and fixes fragmented SQL Server tables and indexes:
• Continuously analyses SQL Server fragmentation levels from a central console.
• Pinpoints fragmentation hot spots, and intelligently defragments SQL Server tables and indexes automatically or on demand – providing improved and more consistent SQL Server database performance and response times.</p>
<p>“SQL Server database administrators have many tasks that should be done on a regular basis and one of these is to manage database fragmentation. Over time, as data is inserted, updated, and deleted, databases become fragmented – a condition that adversely affects database performance, especially in large scale SQL Server environments. Fragmentation ranks as one of the top causes of poor database performance, yet the task of defragmentation is often neglected because it can be extremely time-consuming, labor-intensive, and often must be done in off-hours to avoid service interruption,” said Rick Pleczko, President and CEO at Idera</p>
<p>“SQL defrag manager is the first and only product that intelligently and safely automates the process of SQL Server database defragmentation. It significantly increases DBA productivity by reducing the time spent finding and remediating fragmented tables and indexes and ensures the performance and availability of critical SQL Servers.” Mr. Pleczko said.</p>
<p>“One of the most difficult tasks in my day to day operations has been to maintain index optimisation.” Commented Mike Flanagan, Senior DBA with Aries Systems Corporation, “SQL defrag manager allows me to configure automated index maintenance based on the fragmentation level of the individual indexes. The maintenance process runs each night, takes a fraction of the time it used to and has very little load impact. I find SQL defrag manager to be an indispensable tool in my day to day duties as a DBA.”</p>
<p>Key features and benefits provided by SQL defrag manager include:
• Improved SQL Server performance: SQL defrag manager continuously monitors fragmentation levels and takes automated action to resolve fragmentation issues, resulting in better, and more consistent database performance.
• Automatic Analysis: SQL defrag manager automatically analyzes index and table fragmentation levels to quickly pinpoint “hot spots” or areas where performance is severely hindered.
• Customisable Remediation: SQL defrag manager offers three easy options for performing SQL Server defragmentation:
o Automated: Performs automatic remediation according to user-specified parameters and fragmentation levels.
o Semi-automated: Performs automatic analysis and highlights fragmentation problem areas in a to-do list for subsequent ‘one-click’ remediation.
o Manual: Initiate fragmentation analysis on demand and remediate manually as required.
• Centralised Management: View fragmentation analysis in real-time and manage defragmentation activity across hundreds of servers and thousands of databases from a central console.
• Comprehensive Reporting: Generate comprehensive reports of analysis and defragmentation activity providing proof that database performance is continuously optimised.
Pricing and Availability
SQL defrag manager is now available from SQL Tools and is priced at AU$1,490 per SQL Server instance.
About SQL Tools
SQL Tools is Idera’s master distributor in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Based in Sydney Australia, SQL Tools works with Idera users, resellers and channel partners to provide sales and technical support for Idera products in the APAC region. Further information can be found at www.sqltools.com.au</p>
Idera delivers a new generation of tools for proactively managing, administering, and securing the world's fastest growing database management system – Microsoft SQL Server. Battle-proven and engineered for distributed enterprises, Idera’s solutions help companies ensure database availability while also reducing tedious administrative tasks and expense. Idera’s solutions include: Security and Compliance Management, Performance and Availability Management, Backup and Recovery, and Change and Configuration Management. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera’s products are sold and supported directly and via authorised resellers and distributors around the globe</p>
<p>Idera is a division of BBS Technologies, Inc. SQL defrag manager and Idera are trademarks or registered trademarks of BBS Technologies, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.</p>
- Apple's Christmas ad: Who sings it and what's Apple's Holiday commercial about?
- Samsung Galaxy A8s Release Date, Price, Specs and More
- Wizards of the Coast invest $10 million into MTG: Arena esports
- Editor's Choice Awards 2018, Part One - Gadgets
- Vivo Nex Dual Display Release Date, Price, Specs and More