TV Tuner Cards
Top tips for buying a TV tuner card:
- Start by ensuring you can receive digital SD or HD broadcasts in your area by visiting DBA).
- Decide whether you prefer an external or internal tuner.
- Narrow down your possible choices by checking software bundles and chipsets.
- Choose a tuner with a remote control if you want to watch recordings from a distance.
- Ensure your software includes desirable features like CD/DVD burning, time shifting, and scheduling.
- Shop around. Prices can vary widely between stores, so it pays to contact a few vendors before committing.