The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
StorageCraft releases ShadowProtect 3.2
- 29 May, 2008 11:36
<p>SYDNEY, May 29. StorageCraft Technology Corporation, provider of innovative disk-based backup, disaster recovery, system migration, data protection and security solutions for servers, desktops and laptops, today announced the release of StorageCraft ShadowProtect™ 3.2 which includes 64-bit support for Microsoft Windows operating systems.</p>
<p>The update enhances StorageCraft ShadowProtect Server Edition™, ShadowProtect Small Business Server Edition™, ShadowProtect Desktop Edition™ and ShadowProtect IT Edition™.</p>
<p>“The improvements to StorageCraft ShadowProtect 3.2 will allow users to protect systems that run on 64-bit platforms, such as Windows Server 2008 and the new Microsoft Exchange Server 2007,” said Greg Wyman, Regional Manager Asia Pacific for StorageCraft. “Since ShadowProtect already supports 32-bit systems, this update broadens the flexibility to recover all Windows systems quickly and easily.”</p>
<p>Key features of ShadowProtect v3,2 include:
• Server 2008 support includes inbuilt hardware independent restore for fast disaster recovery capabilities at no additional charge
• Exchange 2007 support enables real-time backups every 15 minutes with single mailbox restore technology
• Physical to Virtual migrations which enable fast and reliable P2V, V2V and V2P migrations providing customers with the ability to immediately migrate a physical server to a virtual server in a few mouse clicks. Both VMware and Microsoft VirtualPC environments are supported.
• Granular single file restore recovery technology enables a single file or folder to be restored in literally seconds instead of hours
• Enhanced retention policy for removable drives to facilitate improved disk management policies for image repositories,
• Self-Healing incremental image technology to help ensure backup integrity</p>
<p>Martin Corden, Executive from leading Australian systems integrator Trident Computer Systems, said: “This is great to see, we are very strong in the education market and our customers are interested in migrating to Server 2008 and Exchange 2007. However, as we bundle ShadowProtect with almost every server we sell, we decided to hold off on large scale Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 migrations until ShadowProtect supported 64 bit. This new version of ShadowProtect will really assist us and our customers by reducing the cost & complexity of delivering Real-Time Recovery to our customers. We especially like the fact that customers will not lose more than 15 minutes of data, Exchange or SQL transactions after implementing ShadowProtect and they can rebuild a server in minutes after a crash using in inbuilt hardware independent restore technology.”</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
StorageCraft ShadowProtect 3.2 is available free of charge to existing ShadowProtect customers who have version 3.x or later, and to customers with existing maintenance contracts. To download an update of ShadowProtect 3.2, please visit: www.storagecraft.com</p>
<p>For more information about StorageCraft ShadowProtect, please call +61 2 9929 9770 or visit: http://www.storagecraft.com.au</p>
<p>About StorageCraft Technology Corporation
StorageCraft Technology Corporation provides innovative disk-based backup, disaster recovery, system migration, data protection and security solutions for servers, desktops and laptops. StorageCraft delivers software products that reduce downtime, improve security and stability for systems and data and lower the total cost of ownership for servers, desktops and laptops.
<p>ShadowProtect, ShadowProtect Server Edition and ShadowProtect Desktop Edition are trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation. Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.</p>
Regional Manager Asia Pacific
StorageCraft Technology Corporation
+61-(0) 2 9929 9770