Symantec State of Spam Report - October 2008
- 07 October, 2008 12:58
<p>Here is the October State of Spam Report from Symantec. This report reviews spam activity throughout the month of September.</p>
<p>A closer observation of spam tactics in Asia Pacific this past month revealed some interesting highlights:</p>
<p>Spam Watch: Monitoring the increasing link between spam and malware. Spam messages containing URL links to malicious code or carrying payloads has spiked dramatically since May this year. Between June and September, the amount of malware detected in scanned email messages increased from a tenth of a percent (0.1%) in June to 1.2% in September. This represents a 12x increase.
Zombie activity continues with the help of their Voodoo Sorcerers (Spammers)
Spammers feed off economic worries.</p>
<p>To view a video interview with Dermot Harnett, author of this report, click on the Resources tab on the State of Spam Web site at http://www.symantec.com/spam</p>
<p>If you would like more information on the October State of Spam Report please contact one of the representatives below.</p>
<p>+61 2 9954 3492</p>
<p>+61 2 8879 1110</p>
- Which 2017 True Wireless Earbuds Should You Buy?
- Hisense Full HD TV and Refrigerator Top the List in 2017 ProductReview Awards
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD