Gotalk launches first Wireless/Broadband combination service
- 09 October, 2009 17:03
<p>(Visit www.gotalk.com.au/usb for more information or call PR Terry Quinn 0439 710 418 or gotalk CEO Steve Picton on 0416 269 177.)</p>
<p>• gotalk launches Australia’s first single plan Wireless/Broadband combination service:
• “gotalk customers will be able to consume up to 20% of their peak broadband data allowance wirelessly for only an extra $10 per month on all current broadband plans,” CEO Steve Picton said announcing the unique “combo” service today.
• “One broadband plan - but two ways that it can be accessed!” Mr. Picton said.</p>
<p>In what is claimed to be an industry first, innovative Australasian telco gotalk has announced the introduction of a “simplified” combination of their ADSL and 3G Wireless Broadband services. The new gotalk Wireless/Broadband combo will be offered in addition to their existing range of ADSL broadband plans.</p>
<p>“From today gotalk customers will be able to consume their monthly data allowance either wirelessly by using a USB modem, or through their existing ADSL modem,” CEO Steve Picton said today. “gotalk customers using the new combined service will no longer have to sign up to multiple broadband plans in order to have a fixed service at home and internet access when they are out and about.”</p>
<p>“This unique combo will allow our customers to enable their fixed ADSL broadband with a wireless upgrade. “One broadband plan - but two ways that it can be accessed!” Mr. Picton said.</p>
<p>“gotalk customers will be able to consume up to 20% of their peak broadband data allowance wirelessly for only an extra $10 per month,” Picton said.</p>
<p>“Our customers can now enjoy the freedom of 3G wireless broadband and the wide coverage of the Vodafone network to complement their fixed ADSL broadband, all from an Australian telecommunications company with a proven commitment to giving its customers great value for money.”</p>
<p>While others charge up to $199 for a USB modem, gotalk is delighted to provide a high quality USB modem for a purchase price of just $79, or customers have the flexibility of adding just $5 per month to the monthly plan fee.</p>
<p>gotalk Fixed - Wireless Broadband Combo Plans in detail:</p>
<p>1. Up to 20% of the customer’s fixed broadband plan can be consumed wirelessly in an Australian industry “first.”
2. The customer needs only one broadband data plan which offers ADSL/2+ broadband speeds at home and the mobility freedom from a 3G wireless broadband service offered through the Vodafone network when away from home.
3. The wireless upgrade to gotalk broadband customers is priced at $10 per month.
4. No plans incur excess data charges. Data blocks priced from $10.95 for 500MB to “top up” the wireless data allowance are available to keep consuming wireless data until the beginning of the new month. Data blocks are also available for ADSL/2+ broadband.
5. Wireless USB modems priced from a low $79.00 or a $5 per month option over 24 months.
6. Access the extensive coverage of the Vodafone network with 94% 3G coverage of the places you live and work
7. gotalk are also releasing five standalone wireless plans priced from $19.95 (BYO modem) for those customers who are looking for a wireless only solution. Prices start from $19.95 per month for a 1GB plan with BYO USB wireless modem.</p>
gotalk provides great value in a complete range of phone, mobile and internet services. gotalk provides voice services to customers in Australia and New Zealand. Our network carries over 1 billion minutes of call traffic per year, or about 20% of all Australian outbound international calls. gotalk is committed to providing low cost competitive rates backed up by exceptional quality customer service. Our customers enjoy a range of innovative and great value services across a range of prepaid and postpaid services. The gotalk group has a large operations centre located on Queensland's Gold Coast and a corporate office in Sydney. It also has corporate partnerships with many of Australia’s and New Zealand’s top retailers. For more information on the gotalk group visit www.gotalk.com</p>
<p>gotalk’s subsidiary, cardcall, is Australasia’s leader in prepaid phonecards. Our phonecards – including Daybreak, Happy Calling, Say G'day, SuperSaver and OZcall – are sold in over 20,000 retailers and around 300,000 new phonecard services are activated each month.</p>
<p>In September 2009, gotalk launched a new mobile phone service with aggressively priced international calls it claims are some of the lowest available in Australia, with calls starting from as low as 1c per minute (plus flagfall) for calls to overseas numbers made between 2-3am on the NightTalk Plan and 12.5c for an international SMS on the Straight Talk Plan.
Using the Vodafone 3G network infrastructure, the new gotalk mobile service does not require long term contracts, is available on prepaid or a monthly account, and also comes with a number of innovative mobile telecommunications “firsts”:</p>
<p>• gotalk prepaid mobile customers will be able to use their prepaid credit for calls made from their mobile or their fixed line phone.
• Australia’s first prepaid mobile product that can be topped up via an electronic swipe card without entering complicated PIN numbers, available at over 10,000 outlets across Australia.</p>
- 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
- Google Pixel 6: Cheapest way to get it in Australia this Black Friday
- Best Black Friday Amazon deals in Australia in 2021
- These 25 deep, absorbing PC games will eat days of your life
- Best Cyber Monday tech deals: Save big on TVs, Dyson Vacuums and more!