Those of you who missed out on the pre-beta action last week can take your sweet, sweet revenge today. The Halo: Reach beta is officially up and open to everybody who has a Halo: ODST disc. Here's what you can expect:
1) Jet packs. From what we've seen, the Airborne loadout is the most dramatically different experience we've ever had from Halo game to Halo game.
2) Elite Slayer mode. Get your kicks body-checking other Elite Covenant soldiers.
3) Stockpile mode. It's like capture-the-flag, but there's a time limit and a lot more flags to deal with.
4) This six-minute tutorial video, complements of the ODST disc:
5) Dying a lot. Even with the matchmaking system (which ought to prevent high-level pre-beta players from making mincemeat of the noobs), there's an entire cross-section of gamer that just spent the last weekend brushing up on their Halo multiplayer skills -- so unless you've done your homework, get ready for the slaughter.