Verbatim Unveils High Performance Pro Line of Store’n’Go USB Drives
- 11 October, 2005 10:57
<p>Verbatim Australia announced today the immediate availability of their new Store ‘n’ Go® Pro line of USB flash drives. Offering higher performance and more advanced security features than other popular USB flash drives, the ultra-sleek Pro devices support up to 23MB/sec read and 14MB/sec write speeds and are available in capacities ranging from 256MB to 1GB. Ideal for content developers, IT professionals, digital photo and music enthusiasts, the Store ‘n’ Go Pro drives provide the fastest and most innovative way to store, share and transport large data files, presentations, photos, music and video. With a maximum write speed of 14MB/sec speed (over 90X in terms of CD speed rating), and a maximum Read speed of 23MB/sec (over 150X), the Store ‘n’ Go Pro USB drive provides unmatched performance, and can transfer a 100MB folder to a host system in less than 7 seconds.</p>
<p>Verbatim’s new Store ‘n’ Go Pro drives leverage high-performance flash controllers and patented technology to deliver what is currently the world’s fastest USB drive read and write speeds as well as advanced security features and unprecedented reliability. Key features that position the Store ‘n’ Go Pro USB drives among the most unique USB drives on the market include:</p>
<p>• V-Safe Security Software with a user-adjustable security partition, anti-tamper password entry, and secure data encryption.
• V-Key File Synchronisation Software helps users manage data to ensure that the most current information is updated between devices and provides an easy to use on-screen interface for accessing your Store ‘n’ Go Pro.
• Customisation features let the user personalise the device with a custom volume name, device icon, or preferred audio sounds.
• An all-new ultra-slim design makes it easier to use in stacked port arrangements, common in today’s compact notebooks and USB hubs.
• A user label area that can be used with the included labels to identify or personalise the device.
• Individual serial numbers on the case to make each drive uniquely identifiable.</p>
<p>"Verbatim’s Store ‘n’ Go Pro USB drives are ideal for users who routinely work with large files, folders of digital photos, music, or multimedia files and those who synchronise large amounts of data," said Alan Kleeman, Verbatim Marketing Services Manager. "Store ‘n’ Go Pro’s advanced controller is specifically optimised to move large numbers of files to and from the device as quickly as possible. The advanced security features make transporting confidential data less worrisome because protected data is encrypted and an anti-tamper feature protects your data even if it’s lost or stolen….quite unlike a stolen laptop which can be easily compromised."</p>
<p>For ultra-reliability, Verbatim’s new Store ‘n’ Go Pro drives feature an on-board 32 bit ARM-7 microprocessor that manages I/O operations and many of the drive’s technical features. An advanced wear-levelling algorithm is used to distribute writes evenly among flash storage cells. By evenly distributing the writing, Store ‘n’ Go Pro achieves an unprecedented reliability rating of over one million write/erase cycles. Advanced EDC/ECC (Error Detection Code/Error Correction Code) furthers the Store ‘n’ Go Pro’s immunity to failure.</p>
<p>Store ‘n’ Go Pro is plug & play-compatible with Windows® 98SE*/ME/2000/XP or higher as well as Macintosh® 9.x OS and higher operating systems and Linux® kernel version 2.6.x (RedHat, Suse, and Turbo Linux) and higher systems. (*Windows 98SE requires Internet access for downloading the driver.)</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
Verbatim Store’n’Go Pro USB Drives are available immediately through leading retailers, resellers and distributors across the country in capacities of 256MB, 512MB and 1GB. Recommended retail prices start at $69.95 for the 256MB model through to $179.95 for the 1GB model.</p>
Verbatim Corporation, a Mitsubishi® Chemical Media Company, is an international organisation that develops and markets innovative, high-quality products for storing, moving and using digital content. Known for its leadership in the removable storage media and related accessories markets, the company provides reliable, unique technologies and products that are highly sought after and broadly distributed worldwide. For more information, contact Verbatim Australia at 6 Weir Street, Glen Iris. VIC 3146, t. (03) 9823-0999, f. (03) 9824-7011; or visit the company's web site at www.verbatim.com.au</p>
- High Court dismisses Valve’s special leave to appeal $3 million fine
- Huawei reveal just when Australians will be able to buy the new P20 Pro
- Wargaming signs publishing deal with Mad Head Games
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Exceeds 30 Million Players Milestone
- Garmin's new Varia RTL510 Rearview Radar promies to help cyclists stand out on any ride