Foreign exchange (forex) trading is a rapidly-growing in popularity with individual investors.
PowerQuest Announces Solutions to Meet Full Range of Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management Needs
- 28 July, 2003 12:24
<p>For Immediate Release</p>
<p>PowerQuest Announces Solutions to Meet
Full Range of Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management Needs</p>
<p>Solution providers and businesses benefit from two levels of deployment offerings to fit enterprise IT requirements</p>
<p>SYDNEY, Australia – Jul 28, 2003 – PowerQuest(r) Corporation, a provider of storage lifecycle automation to businesses worldwide, introduces expanded systems deployment and management solution sets to meet the needs of a broader range of enterprise customers. The company’s two deployment offerings – PowerQuest V2i Builder(tm) and PowerQuest DeployCenter(r) Library – extend powerful imaging and deployment technology to a range of enterprises seeking enhanced Windows(r) deployment, migration and PC retirement.</p>
<p>PowerQuest V2i Builder
PowerQuest V2i Builder empowers IT organisations with automated and centralised management of their operating system (OS) deployments, migrations, software distributions and PC changes. V2i Builder extends traditional PC and server lifecycle management by combining Virtual Volume Imaging (V2i(tm)) technology with plain-language, policy-based action sets to automate and streamline common IT tasks like system upgrades and system refreshes. V2i Builder provides IT administrators with remote management and automated deployment capabilities from a centralised location through V2i Builder’s new management console, virtually eliminating the need to physically visit each workstation. V2i Builder includes the following components:
* PowerQuest DeployCenter(tm) 5.5, the latest version of its toolset to help corporations rapidly deploy images, including operating systems and applications, to give IT administrators greater flexibility and control in deploying and upgrading Windows workstations.
* PowerQuest Deploy Toolkit(tm), a solution that leverages a company’s existing Windows PE environment to create an accelerated deployment process with the convenience of operating in a Windows 32-bit environment.
* PowerQuest PowerMigration DNA(tm), a powerful migration option giving users a comprehensive and flexible solution for the management, movement and maintenance of a PC’s DNA – the unique configurations, settings, preferences and data of each PC.
* A centralised management console to automate deployment and systems management tasks and plain-language action sets to simplify many common tasks by dynamically determining what actions to take based on policy and history associated with users and PCs.</p>
<p>PowerQuest DeployCenter Library
For enterprises with an existing systems management solution, framework or console, PowerQuest DeployCenter Library combines deployment, migration, system refresh and secure data disposal into a single offering to fit the existing IT infrastructure. DeployCenter Library is a new product that contains elements that were part of PowerQuest DeployCenter, but it contains several additional tools. This suite provides an integrated solution comprised of the following components for managing the entire lifecycle of a company’s computers and servers, including deployment, migration and system retirement:
* PowerQuest DeployCenter 5.5
* PowerQuest Deploy Toolkit
* PowerQuest PowerMigration DNA
* DataGone(tm), PowerQuest’s secure system deletion solution, which allows customers to safely erase hard disks. DataGone meets many industry standards to effectively prevent future hard disk users from recovering sensitive, confidential files.
PowerQuest DeployCenter Library gives IT administrators flexibility to integrate with existing systems management solutions such as Microsoft(r) SMS, Tivoli(r) and LANDesk(tm).</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
PowerQuest V2i Builder 2.0 is available for a RRP of A$1,157.00* including GST for 10 workstations. PowerQuest DeployCenter Library is available for a RRP of A$378.00* including GST for a 10-seat license. PowerQuest V2i Builder and PowerQuest DeployCenter Library are available through PowerQuest partners. For a list of PowerQuest partners, please visit the PowerQuest Web site at www.powerquest.com/partners/meet.cfm.Customers who have PowerQuest DeployCenter 5.5 are entitled to discounts when purchasing PowerQuest DeployCenter Library. Although PowerQuest DeployCenter will no longer be sold as a standalone product, the technology within DeployCenter will continue to be updated within PowerQuest DeployCenter Library.</p>
For detailed information about V2i Builder, including system requirements, product profile and a white paper, please visit www.powerquest.com/v2i/builder/. For more information on PowerQuest DeployCenter Library, visit www.powerquest.com/deploycenterlibrary/.</p>
PowerQuest Corporation provides storage lifecycle automation solutions worldwide to build, protect and manage corporate and personal computing environments. PowerQuest products are available through a network of partners and distributors in more than 34 countries worldwide. www.powerquest.com</p>
<p>PowerQuest, V2i Builder, V2i, PowerQuest DeployCenter, PowerQuest Deploy Toolkit, PowerQuest PowerMigration DNA and DataGone are trademarks or registered trademarks of PowerQuest Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.</p>
<p>* Reseller pricing may vary.</p>
<p># # #</p>
<p>Press Only Contact:
International Public Relations Manager
Asia – Pacific Rim
Phone: +1 801 437 8498
<p>Local Agency Contact:
Phone: +61 2 9977 8922
<p>Local PowerQuest Contact:
Regional Sales Director
Australia & New Zealand
Phone: +61 2 9521 6466