"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Embarcadero Technologies Enables 24/7 Cross-Database Platform Monitoring From a Single Console
- 03 October, 2003 11:57
<p>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE</p>
<p>EMBARCADERO TECHNOLOGIES ENABLES 24/7 CROSS-DATABASE PLATFORM MONITORING FROM A SINGLE CONSOLE</p>
<p>Performance Center 1.8 Expands Database Support and Adds New Reporting and Tracking Features to Proactively Monitor Database Health</p>
<p>Sydney, Australia.—October 3, 2003—Embarcadero Technologies®, Inc. (NASDAQ: EMBT), a leading provider of application and database lifecycle management solutions, today announced Embarcadero® Performance Center 1.8. Embarcadero Performance Center is a 24/7, unattended database monitoring and performance management solution offering a unique “Enterprise View” that provides a complete picture of availability and performance of Oracle, Sybase, and SQL Server databases on a single display.</p>
<p>Database administrators (DBAs) are faced with the daily challenge of monitoring diverse database platforms, identifying performance issues, and tracking downtime, often using in-house solutions or manual procedures. Embarcadero Performance Center seamlessly unites diverse database environments into a single view where they can assess key information regarding problems in an easy-to-understand and navigable environment.</p>
<p>“Customers running Oracle, Sybase, and SQL Server now have a solution to their monitoring problems that brings their database environment seamlessly together in one easy-to-use application,” said Branden Boag, Director APAC, Embarcadero Technologies. “Performance Center’s new automatic report scheduling and statistical collections are the perfect answer for overworked DBAs who need help with tracking the historical performance and availability of the many databases under their care.”</p>
<p>Embarcadero Performance Center’s cross-platform unattended monitoring is further enhanced by new customisable scheduling, reporting, and recording features, including availability reports that record and historically track all performance statistics. These enhancements allow DBAs to proactively forecast and monitor their diverse databases, ensuring improved uptime and availability. With the addition of these capabilities, Performance Center 1.8 ensures the viability of every database with clear and concise methods, and improves response time by allowing customers to dictate when they want to be notified of a problem.</p>
<p>Performance Center 1.8 also provides one-click integration with Embarcadero DBArtisan and Embarcadero SQL Tuner, empowering DBAs to respond immediately to code or user resource allocation bottlenecks and rectify problems.</p>
<p>Key Features of Embarcadero Performance Center 1.8:
• Multi-RDBMS Monitoring: seamlessly view Oracle (7.3.4-9i), Sybase (11.9.2-12.5), and SQL Server (7-2000) instances in one application.
• Report Scheduling: users can run reports without using the Performance Center Client and save the output to a directory in any of the following formats: Crystal, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, HTML, or Rich Text.
• Statistical Recording: gives users the ability to select which statistics are written to the Performance Center Repository, letting users generate reports from a broad range of statistics.
• Extended Functionality: provides one-click integration with DBArtisan and SQL Tuner.
• Selective Datasource Presentation: gives users the ability to select which registered datasources they would like to monitor in the Client, allowing users to dynamically manage the load placed on both the Performance Center Client and Server without unregistering datasources.
• ISQL Editor: users can manage and execute any of their favorite custom performance-monitoring scripts right from within Performance Center.
• Health Index: users can calculate a single statistic that conveys the overall health of all monitored databases, without necessarily being familiar with the databases themselves.
• Enterprise View: in conjunction with the Health Index, provides an at-a-glance view – in a single screen – that shows how Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and Sybase databases are performing across the enterprise.</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
Embarcadero Performance Center 1.8 is currently available for purchase. The Performance Center Server and Client run on Windows but can monitor databases on any platform, including UNIX. For more information on Embarcadero Performance Center 1.8 and other products from Embarcadero Technologies, visit the Web site at http://www.embarcadero.com, or contact the sales department at (03) 9510 0106</p>
<p>About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies (Nasdaq: EMBT - www.embarcadero.com) is a leading provider of software solutions that enable organisations to build, optimise, and manage databases and applications supporting today’s critical enterprise systems.
Based in Melbourne, Victoria, Embarcadero Australia employs 6 staff in the Australia/New Zealand region and continues to develop and launch products into the Asian markets through both direct sales and a rapidly expanding reseller channel.
Over 70,000 users currently deploy Embarcadero Technologies’ products, including more than 96 of the Fortune 100, to design, develop and administer their mission-critical database applications.
<p>© Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.</p>
<p>Media Relations Contact:
Ph: 61 2 9977 8922</p>
Suite 110, 22-28 St Kilda Rd,
St Kilda, VIC, Australia, 3182
Ph: 61 3 9510 0106</p>
- Seven things we learned about Facebook's VR strategy and the new Oculus Go
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- These are the best PC deals in the Xbox Ultimate Game Sale
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could be the best thing that ever happened to Bixby