Zynga's network of users has historically been tightly linked to Facebook's social graph, but now the gaming giant is looking to branch out.On Thursday, Zynga rolled out changes to its homepage allowing users to create an account on the site just for playing games without having to log in first through Facebook, as has been the custom previously.The moves are part of a larger company plan to further distance itself from Facebook in an effort to expand and solidify its own user base. Ending the contract with Facebook that has bound Zynga more tightly with that social network than others was about doing what's best for the players, Zynga chief operations officer David Ko said Thursday afternoon. "A large percentage of our players are connecting with their Facebook ID, but there's also a large percentage of players coming to us specifically to play in a gamer environment, and we're trying to offer them that experience on Zynga.com," he said during a conference in downtown San Francisco.People will still have the option of connecting through Facebook and retaining their existing friends, game progress and sharing history.In 2013 Zynga will also focus on strengthening its franchise of products as it rolls out new games, Ko said.Draw Something 2, for instance, which incorporates significant user feedback from the company's hugely successful Draw Something mobile drawing game, will launch "soon," the COO confirmed.Running with Friends, which has already rolled out in Canada, as well as Farmville 2 for mobile, will also launch this year, Ko said.The company will also focus specifically on mobile and tablet computers as more people move away from the desktop."Mobile right now for Zynga is one of our most important issues as a company," Ko said.Currently 72 million of the company's 300 million monthly active users access games on mobile, but Zynga is looking to scale up those numbers for mobile.More gaming companies, Zynga included, will also be looking at launching products first on tablets instead of smartphones as the devices become more widespread and allow for richer gaming experiences, Ko said.Besides Facebook, Zynga's games are also accessible through Google+ and the Android platforms, though 86 percent of the company's revenue in 2012 was derived from Facebook, Zynga said in its most recent annual report.
Samsung QLED 8K TV
Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 Speaker
Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver Watch
Apple iMac Pro
Toys for Boys
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
Logitech Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Apart from offering a wide range of services and competitive pricing, ISPs must offer quality technical and customer support, and bill clarity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 2 Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- 3 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 4 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 5 Razer Mamba Wireless (2018) review: Slick as hell but nothing new
- Viofo A129 Duo dual-channel dash cam review: Excellent video and a fantastic bargain
- MacBook Air review: Out with the old and in with the new, for better or worse
- More evidence emerges of a mid-range 'Google Pixel Lite'
- We Put Samsung Galaxy Note 9's DeX Mode To The Test: Here's What We Learned
- Google Photos adds depth control, color pop to iOS app
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?