Europe's top privacy watchdog and the digital agenda commissioner both said Monday that more transparency and trust is needed between the European Union and the U.S. following reports of widespread data collection by the U.S. National Security Agency.Cybersecurity is not an excuse for the unlimited monitoring and analysis of the personal information of individuals, said Peter Hustinx, the European data protection supervisor."If the E.U. wants to cooperate with other countries, including the USA, on cyber security, it must necessarily be on the basis of mutual trust and respect for fundamental rights, a foundation which currently appears compromised," said Hustinx in a statement, released along with his formal Opinion on the Cyber Security Strategy. His formal opinion must be considered by the European Commission in drawing up legislation.He went on to criticize the E.U.'s Cyber Security Strategy, which was put forward by the European Commission in February. Hustinx said the strategy is not clear on how data protection principles will be applied in practice and that it fails to take due account of the proposed Data Protection Regulation and the eTrust Regulation. Meanwhile Digital Agenda Commissioner Neelie Kroes, who was among those to propose the Cyber Security Strategy, agreed that the U.S. needs to be "more transparent with Europeans about what has been going on.""Personally I don't like the idea of data localization -- the idea that data has to be stored where it is gathered. But let's not be naïve. The Prism debate will definitely increase calls for a European cloud, with a range of possible consequences for American companies," she said in a speech to the American Chamber of Commerce in Brussels.But Hustinx says that the E.U.'s solution to protecting data while ensuring security falls short. He said the strategy does not take into account the importance of privacy by design with the result that the strategy is "not as effective and comprehensive as the Commission intends it to be."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review: A leaner, meaner, safer stealth-em-up
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- Microsoft releases a Forza Motorsport 7 demo for Windows 10
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- CCEvent ManagementNSW
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- FTIBM COGNOS ICM DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- CCFull-Stack AWS Python DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTRelease Coordinator - Fixed TermOther
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- FTProject SchedulerQLD
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW