"I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it."
SYMANTEC GHOST 8.0 PROVIDES CUSTOMERS COMPREHENSIVE PC MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
- 21 October, 2003 14:21
<p>Below is a release announcing Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition. If you would like to speak to a Symantec spokesperson please contact Debbie Sassine on (02) 99543299.</p>
<p>Sydney, Australia - 21 October, 2003 - Symantec, the world leader in Internet security, today announced Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition, a PC management solution that now offers inventory and local cloning enhancements to save IT administrators valuable time. Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition assists in reducing IT costs by providing customers an effective solution for operating system deployment, software distribution and back-up and disaster recovery.</p>
<p>Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition introduces a new hardware and software inventory feature that allows customers to manage hardware and software inventories within their networks from a central location. IT administrators are able to ease OS migration tasks by creating “Dynamic Folders” to manage a group of target PCs based upon hardware or software attributes. Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition also now provides a client staging area that enables customers to reduce network bandwidth by keeping a local backup and recovery image, thereby eliminating the need to repeatedly push images over the network.</p>
<p>“Symantec’s Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition provides customers with a comprehensive PC management solution, which reduces the costs of deploying and managing servers, desktops and laptops within the enterprise environment,” said Thom Bailey, group product manager, Symantec Corp. “It introduces new features and capabilities that strengthen Symantec’s market and technological leadership in enterprise technology.”</p>
<p>Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition is an easy-to-use, integrated solution that provides operating system deployment, configuration, computer migration and software deployment across hardware platforms and operating system types. The solution offers IT administrators the ability to deploy or restore an OS image or application onto a PC in minutes and easily migrate individual user settings and profiles to customise the PC.</p>
<p>Symantec Ghost 8.0 includes several new features designed to enhance PC deployment and configuration management functionality in enterprise environments:</p>
<p>· Hardware/Software Inventory - Customers can manage hardware and software inventory from a centralised console and create detailed reports from customisable views. Enables IT administrators to design provisioning tasks based on specific client attributes.
· Client Staging Area - A designated repository that can be dynamically created on managed PCs which provides the ability to launch and execute contents locally, store whole disk images, software “hot fixes” and user profiles. Contents may be preserved during a cloning or restore procedure to ensure an “onboard” recovery solution for every PC.
· Multicast File Transfer - Allows an IT administrator to send and execute individual files or critical security-related “hot fixes” to multiple recipients simultaneously.
· Microsoft Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) Support - Includes a 32-bit version of Ghost and GhostCast Server designed and certified for the Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) as well as for Windows 200 and Windows XP.
· External Media Support - Provides support for direct cloning to supported USB, Firewire and recordable DVD external drives and devices.
· Enhanced File System Support - Includes the ability to read and write images to and from NTFS partitions. Ghost 8.0 also provides full LILO and GRUB support for the EXT2 and EXT3 Linux file systems.</p>
Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition will be available in Asia Pacific late November 2003 through Symantec’s network of distributors and resellers. For additional product information, please visit www.symantec.com. To obtain licensing information or to locate a reseller, visit http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/license on the World Wide Web.
Symantec, the world leader in Internet security technology, provides a broad range of content and network security software and appliance solutions to individuals, enterprises and service providers. The company is a leading provider of client, gateway and server security solutions for virus protection, firewall and virtual private network, vulnerability management, intrusion detection, Internet content and e-mail filtering, remote management technologies and security services to enterprises and service providers around the world. Symantec’s Norton brand of consumer security products is a leader in worldwide retail sales and industry awards. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has worldwide operations in 36 countries. For more information, please visit www.symantec.com.au
<p>NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ (please put local details) on Symantec's Web site.</p>
<p>Symantec and the Symantec logo are trademarks or registered trademarks, in the United States and certain other countries, of Symantec Corporation. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.</p>
<p>For further information please contact:
Symantec Asia Pacific
Mobile: 0402 112 189
- Seven things we learned about Facebook's VR strategy and the new Oculus Go
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could be the best thing that ever happened to Bixby
- Here are the best deals on Amazon for Australia's first Prime Day sales
- Sony Xperia XZ2 now available through Telstra