Sony has announced the latest addition to their expanding full-frame E-mount lens line-up, the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Standard Zoom.
The new full-frame lens covers the commonly used 24-105mm focal length range, delivering outstanding G Lens imaging performance with the most lightweight design in its class 1, maximising its versatility and usability. Sony say it can be used for versatile shooting such as landscape, portrait and weddings. The lens also features fast, precise and quiet autofocus capabilities in both still and video shooting, making it an ideal complement for Sony’s extensive line-up of E-mount cameras.
Sony’s new lens delivers excellent corner-to-corner sharpness throughout the entirety of its zoom range. The high image quality is made possible due to its advanced optical design which features four aspherical lens elements, two of which are high precision AA (advances aspherical) lenses. There are also three strategically located ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements that work to minimise chromatic aberration and ensure the ultimate resolution is captured.
The lens also features Sony’s original Nano AR coating to minimise flare and ghosting, and utilises circular aperture to ensure it delivers high quality bokeh that is consistent for all Sony’s G Series.
Sony’s new lens weighs in at approximately 663 grams, making it the lightest lens in its class 1. When combined with one of Sony’s compact E-mount bodies, it gives photographers and videographers a far more mobile, manageable camera system that greatly increases their shooting flexibility.
The new standard zoom lens also features a customisable focus hold button, a dust and moisture resistant design and a fluorine coating on the front element to help minimise dust, water, oil and other contaminants.
The FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Standard Zoom Lens will be available in Australia for $2099 in mid-November.
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- Sony WF-1000X review: Noise-cancellation makes for a great alternative to AirPods