Those crazy-good prices you saw on AMD’s stellar Ryzen CPUs aren’t going away.
At CES Sunday night the company announced permanent price cuts to some Threadripper, Ryzen 7, and Ryzen 5 chips:
- Ryzen Threadripper 1900X takes a permanent haircut from $549 to $449.
- Ryzen 7 1800X goes from $499 to $349.
- Ryzen 7 1700X drops from $399 to $309.
From there the price reductions get a little less impressive:
- Ryzen 5 1600X goes from $249 to $219.
- Ryzen 5 1600 drops from $219 to $189.
- Ryzen 5 1500X goes from $189 to $174.
Here are all the details, in the chart below:
If you're wondering why AMD's being so nice to you, don't. This probably isn't a desperate bid to clear inventory. More likely it's part of AMD's plan to pressure Intel to match its rival's performance value. That's great news for consumers (if not for Intel).