Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft players who pre-purchase the upcoming Battle for Azeroth from today will be able to begin unlocking the expansion's new Allied Races through new in-game quests.
“Battle for Azeroth brings a whole new dimension to the Horde-vs.-Alliance conflict in World of Warcraft, with a new continent to explore for each faction and brand-new gameplay features like Allied Races, randomised Island Expeditions, and large-scale Warfronts,” said Mike Morhaime,
“No matter which side they fight for, players’ dedication to their faction will be put to the test when the new expansion arrives this winter.”
They'll also be granted a level-110 character boost, allowing them to jump right to exploring and experiencing the new regions of Kul Tiras and Zandalar, and (should they purchase the Digital Deluxe edition) a cache of in-game bonuses for various Blizzard titles. These include:
- World of Warcraft: New Seabraid Stallion (Alliance) and Gilded Ravasaur (Horde) mounts and Tottle pet,
- Hearthstone: "Azeroth Is Burning" card back.
- StarCraft II: Horde- and Alliance-themed sprays.
- Heroes of the Storm: Primal Flamesaber mount
- Overwatch: Horde and Alliance voice lines for Torbjörn and emotes for Tracer; sprays featuring Anduin, Sylvanas, Jaina, and Varok Saurfang; and player icons representing Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
Battle for Azeroth is available now for pre-purchase digitally in a standard edition ($69.95AUD/$79.99NZD) and Digital Deluxe ($94.95AUD/$109.99NZD) edition.
Players who pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe edition will unlock the above bonuses today with the exception of the mount for Heroes of the Storm, which Blizzard say will arrive later due to the game’s content update schedule.
Battle for Azeroth will also be available in a boxed Collector’s Edition, which includes an assortment of loot in addition to the above in-game bonuses.
More details on the Collector’s Edition, including pricing, contents, and availability, will be announced at later date.