Buried among the Amazon Prime Day deals on sheet sets and luxury skin cream are the deals the PCWorld staff cares about most: laptops, desktops, components, keyboards, mice, routers, and everything that completes the PC experience.
This year has a surprising well-rounded selection of bargains on offer. (It’s the first time we’re listing cables!) Of course, that has to do partially with Amazon’s ever-growing reach: The company’s AmazonBasics line keeps expanding, as does its roster of third-party partners and vendors.
We’ve sorted the deals by category, which run alphabetically. For a quicker, even more curated version of this list, you can check out our main Amazon Prime Day deals article—which, coincidentally, has links to all of our write-ups on the good tech deals we’ve discovered.
- $10.70 - AmazonBasics Metal Monitor Stand, Black
Sometimes you don’t need fancy products to get a job done. This ultra-simple monitor stand will serve in a pinch if you want to save money more than anything else.
- $140 - Corsair Crystal 570X RGB mid-tower case, Black
One of our favorite cases for one of the lowest prices we’ve seen yet. (Technically, it’s been cheaper at Newegg, but you had to file a mail-in rebate.) Just behold the glory of that tempered glass, and you’ll know why we’re tempted to break our rule on buying things we don’t need.
- $225 - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler
This price is a substantial savings over previous deals. It’s enough of a drop that if you wanted to splurge on the Gigabyte X470 board that’s on sale right now, you’d still come out even with the 2700’s normal price and a much cheaper mobo.
- $118 - ASUS Prime Z370-P LGA1151 motherboard
- $150 - ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E LGA1151 RGB motherboard
- $175 - GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WIFI AM4 RGB motherboard
- $25 - EVGA 500 W1 80+ WHITE 500W power supply
- $60 - Seagate 3TB BarraCuda 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive
- $74 - Seagate 3TB IronWolf NAS 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive
- $133 - Seagate 6TB IronWolf v11 NAS 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive
- $158 - Seagate 6TB BarraCuda Pro 7200RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive
- $161 - Seagate 6TB IronWolf Pro v11 7200RPM 3.5-Inch NAS Hard Disk Drive
- $170 - Seagate 8TB Barracuda 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive
- $301 - Seagate 12TB IronWolf 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive
- $70 - Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming 3.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive
- $150 - SanDisk SSD PLUS 1TB solid state drive
- $160 - Samsung 960 EVO Series 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
- $319 - Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Of the discounts on internal hard-disk drives, the best bargains are the 3TB NAS, 6TB, and 12TB drives from Seagate. (Particularly that massive 12TB one.) You’ll also score the lowest (or very-near lowest) prices on the SSDs, too.
- $50 - HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical keyboard, Cherry MX Red
- $75 - Corsair STRAFE RGB mechanical keyboard, Cherry MX Brown switches
- $85 - Corsair K65 LUX RGB mechanical keyboard, Cherry MX Red switches
- $99 - Razer Orbweaver Chroma RGB mechanical gaming keypad
- $100 - Corsair K70 LUX RGB mechanical keyboard, Cherry MX Red switches
- $135 - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum mechanical keyboard, Cherry MX Speed switches
Prime Day brings a slew of discounts on popular mechanical keyboards this year, including the insanely popular Corsair K70 and HyperX’s affordable Alloy. The Alloy, Strafe, K70, and K95 are at all-time lows.
Laptops & desktops
Windows 10 laptops
- $179 - ASUS VivoBook E203MA Windows 10 S laptop (4GB RAM, 64GB storage)
- $330 - Acer Aspire E 15 (i3-8130U, 6GB RAM, 1TB storage)
- $729 - ASUS FX503VD 15.6-inch gaming laptop(i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050)
- $799 - MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US 15.6” FHD gaming laptop (i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1050Ti)
If you absolutely must have a cheap and portable Windows 10 laptop, the VivoBook isn’t a bad option—especially because you can upgrade Windows 10 S to full Windows 10 for free. It will, of course, perform like an extreme-budget laptop; that’s to be expected given the specs and price.
Instead, we recommend the Aspire E 15 if you don’t mind some bulk. It’s a basic Windows 10 laptop that’ll offer the full Win10 experience out of the box and good performance in the future. It’s already a value-buy at its normal price, so it’s almost a steal at sale price of $330.
As for the gaming laptops, we’ve seen cheaper deals during Black Friday, but these are very respectable prices for what you get. If you can’t wait another four months, these are worth a look.
- $140 - Acer Chromebook 11 (4GB RAM, 16GB storage)
- $200 - Acer Chromebook 14 (4GB RAM, 32GB storage)
- $200 - Acer Chromebook R 11 convertible (4GB RAM, 32GB storage)
- $229 - Asus Chromebook Flip C101PA-DB02 (4GB RAM, 16GB storage)
- $250 - Asus Chromebook Flip C213SA-YS02 (4GB RAM, 32GB storage)
- $315 - Acer Chromebook R 13 Convertible (4GB RAM, 32GB storage)
- $399 - Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 (4GB RAM, 64GB storage)
Need a Chromebook? Amazon’s got you covered. The models with the steepest discounts are the Acer Chromebook 11 and Acer Chromebook R 11 convertible, but all of these models offer solid savings.
- $1199 - iBUYPOWER RGB gaming desktop PC
(Liquid-cooled i7-8700K, GTX 1070 Ti, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD+1TB HD)
Just one desktop deal is worth mentioning this Prime Day. While the difference between DIY and pre-built has shrunk now that component prices aren’t so crazy, this particular build offers about $200 savings versus DIY. Of course, if you’re careful about shopping on sales, it’s possible to match these specs, but for those who don’t need the satisfaction of rolling their own PC, this is a solid choice.
- $30 - HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse & HyperX FURY S Medium Mouse Pad combo
- $35 - Corsair M65 Pro RGB gaming mouse, Black
- $38 - Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB mouse pad
- $45 - Corsair GLAIVE RGB gaming mouse
This year, Corsair dominates in the mouse bargains, both in number and the deepest price cuts we’ve seen. The M65 Pro in particular is at its lowest price ever.
- $126 - HP Pavilion 25xw 25-in IPS LED-backlit monitor
- $385 - LG 34UC79G-B 34-Inch 144Hz UltraWide IPS gaming monitor
- $525 - ViewSonic VX4380-4K 43-inch 4K IPS Frameless LED IPS Monitor
The discounts on these monitors are some of the deepest we’ve seen—and the selection covers both everyday users and gamers alike. (That ultrawide is particularly tempting, though.)
Routers & Networking
- $23 - Netgear Wi-Fi range extender
- $24 - TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit ethernet Easy Smart Switch
- $60 - ASUS AC1700 wireless dual-band gigabit router
- $229 - NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
Of the networking gear on sale, we’ve got our eye on the Netgear Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi system deal—the Orbi’s one of our favorites mesh routers, and this particular model comes with a built-in cable modem.
- $100 - Elgato Stream Deck
The Stream Deck is an excellent piece of hardware that makes makes streaming (or even recording game video) much easier. Even though it had some software issues during our review, at 33% off MSRP, it’s worth a look—we liked it enough to still call it a valuable tool in a streaming kit.