Android have released Android 9 Pie (Go edition).
Android 9 Pie (Go edition) comes with up to an additional 500MB out of the box compared to Oreo (Go edition), and more than twice what you’d find on a non-Go edition phone.
Android 9 Pie (Go edition) also features faster boot times, top-of-the-line security features like verified boot and an accessible dashboard for tracking and monitoring data consumption.
Google has also redesigned a set of Google Apps, which are built to serve the needs of first-time smartphone owners.
- Google Go now offers the ability to read webpages aloud and highlights each word so users can follow along.
- YouTube Go allows users to watch videos while using less data with features like gallery mode for downloaded content.
- Maps Go now features navigation, making it possible for people with Go edition devices or unstable connections to use turn-by-turn directions.
- Files Go is now capable of transferring data without using mobile data at speeds of up to 490Mbps.
- Assistant Go now supports additional languages including Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Indonesian, and has expanded support for device actions like controlling Bluetooth, camera and flashlight.
- Android Messages for Android (Go edition) is now 50% smaller in size and the Phone App includes caller ID and spam detection.
With a broader range of options and better performing phones, more people can come online for the first time and have access to essential, helpful information, according to Google.