Apple has announced the winners of its second-annual Music Awards. Last year’s inaugural awards were led by Billie Eilish, with a live concert at the Steve Jobs Theater. Thanks to the global COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s awards are not to be honored in person. Instead, a “celebration” will take place across Apple’s streaming services in December.
This year’s winners
The winners of the second-annual Apple Music awards are as follows. The Top Song of the Year and Top Album of the Year are based on streaming data, but the other three awards are selected by Apple Music’s editorial team.
- Artist of the year: Lil Baby
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Megan Thee Stallion
- Songwriter of the Year: Taylor Swift
- Top Song of the Year: “The Box” by Roddy Ricch
- Top Album of the Year: “Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial” by Roddy Ricch
These artists and others will be celebrated in a week-long event beginning on Monday, December 14 with special performances, fan events, interviews, “and more” streaming on Apple Music and the TV app.