A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
BT Announces Record Quarter for Broadband
- 10 November, 2004 17:11
<p>Australia, November 10, 2004 – BT today announced that the quarter ending September 30, 2004 had been the best ever quarter for wholesale broadband connections in the UK. The company said that more than 600,000 connections were made in the quarter taking BT Wholesale’s end user base to 3,294,000. The news came in the week that saw the UK overtake Germany in terms of broadband users per 100 people in the population.</p>
<p>Commenting on the figures, BT Wholesale CEO Paul Reynolds said: “These are fantastic figures for BT, for the hundreds of service providers we support and for Broadband Britain. The UK market is really taking off and we have just overtaken Germany in terms of broadband take up. The UK already leads the G7 in terms of ADSL availability thanks to BT’s investment and so it is hugely encouraging to see us also climb the league tables for broadband adoption.</p>
<p>“The huge surge in connections was largely due to BT Wholesale’s innovation in stretching the limits of ADSL so that homes beyond 6kms from an exchange can now access broadband. This breakthrough led to a dramatic increase in orders as we were suddenly able to satisfy the pent-up demand that existed in many areas. It was also the case that many more communities had access to broadband in the quarter thanks to the continuing roll out of broadband by BT”.</p>
<p>BT also confirmed that BT Retail’s share of the net additions for the quarter had improved from 29 per cent to 30 per cent taking its installed base to 1,283,000 customers.</p>
BT Group plc is the holding company for an integrated group of communications businesses and is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York. British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group.</p>
<p>BT is one of the world’s leading providers of communications solutions serving customers in Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific. Its principal activities include network centric Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions, local, national and international telecommunications services, and higher-value broadband and internet products and services.</p>
<p>BT consists principally of three lines of business:
• BT Retail, providing fixed and mobile communications services and solutions to over 20 million business and residential customers in the UK. It is also a leading UK internet services provider.
• BT Wholesale, providing network services and solutions within the UK to over 600 fixed and mobile operators and to service providers including the provision of broadband, Private Circuits and PSTN.
• BT Global Services, providing ICT services internationally to meet the needs of multi-site organisations with European operations. BT Global Services operates in 136 countries and also offers international carrier services.</p>
<p>In the year ended 31 March 2004, BT Group’s turnover was £18,519 million with profit before goodwill amortisation, exceptional items and taxation of £2,013 million.</p>
<p>For more information, visit www.btplc.com</p>
<p>For further information, please contact:
David Clarke, Senior Corporate & Media Relations Manager, Asia Pacific
Tel: + 852 2532 3652; Fax: + 852 2810 0164
- Huawei reveal just when Australians will be able to buy the new P20 Pro
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Exceeds 30 Million Players Milestone
- Wargaming signs publishing deal with Mad Head Games
- Garmin introduce Edge 520 Plus GPS cycling computer