The term lossy (pronounced loss-ee) refers to the way file formats store information. TIFF, PSD and PSP are considered non-lossy, as no data is discarded when files are saved in those formats: files are simply compressed. However, both GIF and JPEG formats discard information in order to reduce file sizes - hence, they are classed as lossy.
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000
Samsung QLED 8K TV
Apple iMac Pro
Ballistix Sport AT
Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 Speaker
Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver Watch
Toys for Boys
Oregon Pro WMR500 Weather Station
Osmo Coding Awbie Game
Little Bits DROID Inventor Kit
ESET Smart Security Premium
ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac
Nix Pro Colour Sensor
ESET Internet Security
Tivoli PAL BT
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
This Holiday Season, protect yourself and your loved ones with the best. Buy now for Holiday Savings!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R17 Pro review: Oppo's thriftiest flagship yet drives a hard bargain
- 2 Nokia 7.1 review: A modest and modern mid-tier option
- 3 Tenda Nova MW6 review: A gateway drug for mesh Wi-Fi
- 4 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 5 Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Free copies of Subnautica: Epic Games Store kickstarts your library with a winner
- How to connect your Kindle to a Wi-Fi Network
- Family Tree DNA review: Unique genealogical collaboration, but an outdated interface
- Adata XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe SSD review: Top-tier performance for a song
- HyperX Cloud Mix review: Pivoting to a mobile lifestyle brand brings mixed results
PCW Evaluation Team
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
- PC World 2018 Editor's Choice Awards
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?