Macworld's February digital magazine: iPhone 12 vs. Android's best phones
- 23 January, 2021 12:05
Every day, Macworld brings you the essential daily news and other info about all things Apple. But staying on top of that torrent of information can be a constant challenge. One solution: the Macworld digital magazine.
In the February issue
In the February issue we pit the iPhone 12 vs. Android’s best phones. Learn about the 7 ways iOS 14 protects your privacy. We also have reviews of the iPad Air, iPhone 12 mini and HomePod mini.
Also in this month’s issue:
• MacUser: How to fix iOS apps on the Mac, the M1 Mac’s most disappointing feature. Plus, Apple working on its first cellular modem which could bring 5G to the MacBook.
• MacUser Reviews: Sabrent XTRM-Q SSD, Tripp Lite SmartPro Line-Interactive Sine Wave UPS
• iOS Central: Apple’s App Store priorities for the year ahead. Plus, AirDrop is great for the iPhone, iPad and Mac, but we have some ideas to make it even better.
• iOS Central Reviews: iPhone 12 mini, Apple MagSafe Duo Charger
• Working Mac: Screen mismatch in Keynote? There’s a button to fix that. Plus reviews of Parallels Desktop 16, Nifty File Lists
• Playlist: HomePod mini review: Small sound and familiar frustrations.
• Mac 911: Coping with inconsistent facial recognition in Apple Photos, how to use Optimize Mac Storage with iCloud Drive to pack videos into a crowded Mac
Read your issues on Mac or PC
You can read any issues as part of your subscription through a browser on Mac or PC. Simply go to this link. Click on the icon in the upper right (a box with an arrow in it). Existing app users should click on ‘Already have an account?’ below the sign up form and then log in there with your Macworld digital magazine app credentials. From there you will have access to all issues that are part of your subscription. If you visit the link with a Chrome browser, you can download the Macworld desktop reader app for reading offline, or on a larger screen.
Check out the responsive view on our platform. While in the issue, swipe to an article page (for example, MacUser), tap the screen to reveal the app menu, go to the bottom menu, and tap the text icon (bottom right). To go back to PDF view, tap the PDF icon in the same location.
You’ll need your email and subscription password to access your issues on the new platform. If you haven’t created a password for your subscription, follow the steps below.
To set up your account with a password for the Macworld digital magazine
- While connected to Wi-Fi, go to the Macworld app on your device. Tap the 'Account' icon in the bottom right. upper left menu > My Account.
- If you're a Digital Subscriber:
- Tap the 'Sign In' option.
- Tap the 'Sign Up' button.
- Enter your email address and create a password. Keep your password somewhere safe.
- Tap the 'Continue' button.
- Go to 'Library' tab.
- If you've subscribed from within the app (in-app purchase):
- Tap 'Restore Purchases'.
- Tap 'Restore'.
- Go to the 'Library' tab.
- Download your prior pruchases
From a desktop, go to macworld.com/customer_service to create a password for your subscription.
Should you need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to help you.
Please update to the latest version of our app in the App Store.