Peopleabank are currently seeking to engage a talented Applications Packager for a short-term contract opportunity, with potential opportunities for extension.
In the role as Applications Packager, you will be accountable for the management and coordination of desktop specialist services for the packaging of desktop applications and deployment to ensure an effective desktop environment.
- Creating effective packaged applications that meet the requirements of variable sites, whilst ensuring compatibility with existing applications.
- Developing automated upgrade mechanisms and transforms desktop packaged applications for distribution via System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Overseeing and coordinating the production of application packages by external resources, including coordination of User Acceptance Testing and change management processes
- Developing and maintaining clear and meaningful support documentation.
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining the integrity and consistency of the Portfolio's SCCM environment.
- Coordinating and undertaking effective and comprehensive testing functions for application packages.
- Conducting research and providing advice on new desktop software and hardware and maintaining, and reviewing procedures for dealing with third level support requests.
- Overseeing and/or undertaking complex configuration of new hardware and peripheral devices including installing software upgrades and new releases.
- Contributing to the development of effective desktop back out and risk mitigation strategies including identifying potential impacts related to their implementation.
To be considered for this opportunity you will also have the following technical acumen:
- Proven experience in application packaging and deployment methodologies, using Admin Studio for distribution via SCCM.
- Proven experience in successfully supporting mixed Windows based desktop operating systems including Windows 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and emerging technologies.
- Proven experience in application testing and support of hardware, software and networks for a large and complex organisation.
- Proven experience in planning and executing software and hardware roll-outs in a large organisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of networking principals including infrastructure and network client applications, MS Exchange and Microsoft products for use in a LAN environment.
- Well-developed knowledge of active directory profiles, policies, remote access services, threat management strategies etc.
APPLY NOW for our immediate consideration
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Matthew Chatterton
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - EducationNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW