- Central North Sydney Location
- 12 Month Contract
- Competitive Pay
Seeking a talented C++ Developer to develop and maintain our 3-tiered application that contains a VB.NET Client, C++ server on UNIX & an Oracle DB.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Must have 3-5+ recent years of professional C++, VB.NET, PL/SQL experience
• Scripting languages (Perl, Korn shell)
• Waterfall & Agile experience
• 3-5+ years commercial experience involving production support, analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation
• Production of technical documentation including technical specifications, operating instructions, test plans etc.
• Present recommendations of solutions to clients and team members.
• Willingness to take ownership of issues from initiation to resolution
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Proactive with a focus on continuous improvement
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Conveys information clearly
• Seeks opportunities to develop skills
• Pursues team and individual goals
• Sets high performance standards for self and team members
• Focuses on outcomes and objectives in all activities
• Work with Business Analysts to develop detailed software specifications
• Create and review designs which meet agreed business requirements
• Provide estimates for software development tasks
• Ensure all work within area of responsibility is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use
• Create application code to implement agreed designs
• Ensure all development work is carried out in accordance with coding standards and procedures
• Provide rostered business hours and after-hours support for production systems as required
• Adhere to and update support documentation
• Develop comprehensive test cases in accordance with standard procedures and templates
• Execute test cases and document results ensuring the system technical, functional and non-functional requirements are met
• Contribute to the review and redesign of processes and standards to deliver improved team productivity and efficiency
• Identify problems as early in the software lifecycle as possible
• Evaluate requirements, confirming both completeness and clarity
***Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.***
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ashley McCartney on 02 9464 5661. Please quote our job reference number: 200167611.
Reference Number: 200167611_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence Test ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA