Project Manager | Applications and Project Initiation
Initial 3 month contract with possible extension paying $110/hr
Brisbane CBD Location | Large complex government organisation
Prince2 | Application Architecture and Project Initiation
Our client, a large complex QLD Government organisation, is currently sourcing a Project Manager for the planning, development and implementation of corporate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) projects (specifically Application Architecture and Project Initiation) through the application of project management and change management techniques; to ensure that the Department's strategic objectives are met.
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Identifying and analysing the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) funded corporate project requirements to develop and produce strategies to ensure communication, change management and action plans are effectively applied to meet departmental strategic needs and opportunities.
- Collaborating, liaising and negotiating with internal stakeholders, including project sponsor, PrincipalProject Manager, Project board members and other staff, also external project stakeholders in leading the implementation of ICT projects to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities
- Managing project teams and resources across a diverse range of project functions to undertake development, implementation, training and maintenance to agreed deliverables, contractual and budget obligations, ensuring project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Managing the progress of the project including the establishment of performance indicators and the maintenance of a quality record system to meet requests for information and for statistical and planning purposes.
- Ensuring compliance with project management methodologies, legislative, industrial and other parameters within the project.
- Managing and prioritising the strategic and operational aspects of projects including the preparation of reports, planning documentation and other communications utilising a range of communication channels and computer applications.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of quality processes, products and services, as identified through facilitating review, product analysis, client survey analysis and other research and benchmarking activities, which help establish requirements for the implementation of changes.
- Acting as an escalation point for risks and issues throughout the project and actively manage these, including, reporting, mitigation and rectification strategies.
- Highly developed leadership, project/program management, multifunctional team leadership skills as demonstrated by effectiveness in achieving organisational objectives and contributing to enhanced organisational performance
- Demonstrated achievement in the design, development, implementation and application of Prince 2 methodology to ICT projects from Initiation to Closing.
- Well developed understanding of the application of change management processes and the impact of change on individuals and work groups within commercially driven client focused organisations.
- High level analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills as evidenced by a record of achievement in the research and solution of complex problems within a competitive environment
- Well-developed skills in the preparation and presentation of substantial reports and highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including proven achievement in effectively liaising, consulting and negotiating with client groups, all levels of public officials and industry executives
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17817.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence Test ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA