Senior Business Systems Analyst
Initial 2+ month contract paying $95/hr
Brisbane CBD Location | Research Project Management Tool | COTS
QLD Government Agency |
Our client, a Queensland Government agency, is considering the implementation of a new portfolio, program and project management tool to support business projects. The role will engage directly with business stakeholders and requires a person who can work autonomously to quickly deliver results. Those results need to be suitable for use by a software vendor for configuration of a commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) package for portfolio, program and project management.
The role will involve scoping of the small number of in-flight programs for two Business Units within the Department. While there is opportunity for the selected resource to drive the engagement, it is anticipated that efforts will focus on requirements analysis and preparation for transition to an ICT tool.
Preferred knowledge / experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Senior Business Analyst or similar role requiring implementation activities for a new ICT solution
- Must have experience in portfolio, program and project management demonstrating a very strong knowledge of project and program management; experience implementing an ICT tool that supports program and project management would be most advantageous
- Proven experience engaging stakeholders at Director and Executive Director level
- Demonstrated experience in discovery of business requirements and documentation of such for provision to a vendor (such as Work Package or Scope of Work)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with focus on delivering practical outcomes
- Engage stakeholders from both Business Units and negotiate alignment/commonality of requirements where this would lead to implementation efficiencies or more effective reporting at the portfolio level
- Identify the programs and projects that will need to be loaded into the new system; no data migration is required
- Determine requirements for portfolio management
- Identify the governance required for the programs and projects (gates, standard milestones, progress reporting)
- Determine requirements for operational and management reporting
- Determine the extent of financial tracking required and develop a business process to support this; SAP is the financial management system and an in-house system provides access to expenditure transactions
- Deliver Business Requirements, Transition Strategy and Vendor Scope of Work; other deliverables as required
- Proactively engage with the Supervisor to resolve issue, report progress and escalate where necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key and relevant stakeholders across multiple Business Units and a wide range of personnel, engaging positively and productively with those stakeholders to conclude on outcomes
- Demonstrated experience or relevant knowledge in implementation of a program and project management ICT tool
- High level analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including clear and succinct business requirement and specifications documentation for Vendor consideration.
- Ability to work autonomously using a high level of initiative to determine a fit-for-purpose business analysis methodology, resolve issues and meet deadlines.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17812.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTDelivery CoordinatorSA
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTQueue ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager - ERP Experience NeededVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTLAMP Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD