Principal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | Qlik
Initial 18+ week contract with possible extension paying $111/hr
Brisbane CBD Location | ArcGIS | Power BI | Qlik | Excel
Setting up Data and Analytics function for QLD Government
Our client, a large complex QLD Government organisation, is currently sourcing multiple Principal Analysts who will be required to work closely with the Director Analytics to set up the Data Sharing and Analytics function for Queensland Government. The position will be responsible for providing a high level of data analysis, sharing and analytics services to both the team and the broader Queensland Government.
ArcGIS | Power BI | QLIK | EXCEL
This Data Sharing and Analytics Office will focus on building capability in internal to government information sharing, data science and data analytics whilst continuing to operate its traditional information brokerage services.
As a Principal Analyst you will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of government wide analysis, data sharing and analytics.
- Devise new and innovative state-wide products to improve organisational and operational performance, develop strategy and plans and drive operational activity and policy setting.
- Lead the development and implementation of government wide analysis and analytics. Perform expert analysis and data sharing activities across government departments and with partner agencies using advanced analytics modelling, analysis techniques, tools and standards.
- Write comprehensive and professional analytical reports for a range of audiences and design and deliver innovative analytics and data sharing presentations
- Work with government and external stakeholders and partners to define their analytical requirements. Provide support to government departments in the development and delivery of their analytics and data sharing products.
- Train and develop other analytics staff within the office and state-wide across government departments in how to produce complex analytical products.
- Support the Director of Analytics in the purchase of new analytics technologies for Queensland Government.
- Evidence skills and experience in producing a range of complex analytical products to create innovative solutions and meet changing needs.
- Demonstrate experience in developing new analytical products and methodology, using new and unique data sets.
- Demonstrate experience in using a range of data sharing and analytics software to improve business performance and organisational outcomes.
- Provide experience of providing advice in relation to data, analytics and analysis
- Show highly advanced written and verbal communication skills to be able to produce a range of types of complex reports to a varied audience, adapting style to suit needs.
- ArcGIS | Power BI | Qlik | Excel
Skills and experience required;
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17810.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTWintel Engineer - Website hostingNSW
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCSQL Server DBAQLD
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW