- 6 months contract, potential for extension
- Melbourne CBD
- Front end mobile development
Work on high profile mobile applications! Join a large telco organisation.
6 months contract
Be part of the Media Software Development team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software used by media products and networks.
You will perform design, technical analysis of functional designs, preparation of technical designs, technical build & implementation of code, configuration and scripting, Quality & code reviews, facilitating testing, resolution of defects identified during test, managing relationships between the support and development team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Software development in modern languages, delivering components in line with functional business requirements and quality standards
- Debugging of complex applications and services
- Translate business (internal, external or regulatory) requirements (functional and non-functional) to fit-for-purpose solutions in a timely, cost effective and high quality manner.
- Ensure solutions are re-usable, scalable, reliable, manageable and operable and aligned with Media, ITS, Networks and CTO&I Architecture roadmaps where possible.
- Create and effectively communicate solution and related infrastructure evolution plans to all levels of the company - harvesting and harmonising insights from all relevant areas
- Review design documents and review code written by 3rd party developer to ensure quality artefacts are being delivered and that software is maintainable
- Managing production issues, look in logs, fixes, supports test team. Managing change requests. Improvement of code base
- Provide peer review and mentoring to less experienced developers
- 2 years minimum industry experience in the Media domain
- 2 years minimum experience in some form of Software Development, Systems Integration, or Engineering role.
- Experience in Digital Video ingestion, transcoding, encryption, curation, QA, delivery, presentation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to brief stakeholders on technical status and persuade/influence outcomes on key technical decisions
- Experience in presenting to Director levels in business, engineering and operational business units
- Experience in technology roadmap creation.
- Experience in a professional services/consultancy role.
- Development/integration experience in any of set top box, mobile (iOS/Android) or HTML/JS applications
- Experience designing REST Web Service API's and/or micro-services architectures.
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration or continuous delivery platforms.
- Previous experience with OSS/BSS platform integrations.
- Experience or interest in the creation of media services
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jo-Ann Lim on 03 86804321. Please quote our job reference number: 200167606.
Reference Number: 200167606_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTWintel Engineer - Website hostingNSW
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCSQL Server DBAQLD
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW