Information Architect / Data Architect- ETL, BI
Overview & Purpose
The primary purpose of this role is the development of the solution architecture & design of the Customer Information Management System (CIMS). The Solution Architect will support the Lead Architect of the Technology Stream in defining and documenting the solution architecture & design, reviewing vendor documentation, and reviewing interface contracts with other systems for the CIMS.
Title: Information Architect / Data Architect- BI- ETL
Duration: 8- 12 months rolling contract
Location: Sydney Central
Daily rate - $800-950/day max inc of super
Role closes on 23 rd of May COB
- Experience with Business Intelligence architecture and technology (Inmon vs Kimball approach, Microsoft BI suite, Cognos, SAP Business Object/BW)
- Experience with BI/DW tools like Informatica 9/8.6, DataStage V7/V8.0, Oracle Warehouse Builder, SAP Business Objects Data Integrator/Data Services, SAP BO Enterprise reporting XI R3, OBIEE 11g, Hyperion EAS and EIS.
- Experience in Enterprise data warehouse architecture, Enterprise DW Strategy and planning, data migration/Integration, dimensional modeling, ETL architecture, Technical Business Analysis, BI Metadata modeling, BI reporting.
- Experience in design and implementation of data warehouses and BI solutions
- Experience in stakeholder management, vendor management.
- Extensive experience in delivering end-to-end data warehousing and BI solutions in different industries using different technologies and methodologies.
- Experience and have extensively worked on BI projects using Agile and Scrum project management
- Experience with security architecture, frameworks, and governance would be a plus
Program scope is to:
Identify, design, construct, commission, and associated infrastructure within a leased facility to accommodate nominated Day of Operations functions
Implement new IT Systems for better Day of Operations Incident Management/Customer Information Management/ Timetable Management/and Operations floor information display
Implement Business Change requirements including training, processes, and procedures to support.
Develop Solution Options
- Propose and document the CIMS Solution Options based on High Level Business requirements.
- Apply IT Costing & Estimation model to Solution Options
- Determine solution options and provide a recommended Option
- Ensure that all options have realistic high level solutions and budget estimates
- Where required, develop presentations for Sydney Trains Architecture Design and Review Board and IT management
- Enable the successful delivery of internally generated solution designs by external service providers.
Develop Solution Architecture
- Define and document the detailed CIMS Solution Architecture to guide solution design and development.
- Produce a Solution Architecture that meets business requirements, is fit for purpose, aligns with Sydney Trains IT strategic directions, and offers value for money.
- Use IT approved tools, methodologies, and technologies.
- Taking ownership of the technical solution through the project delivery phase including project change requests and changes of environments.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation and evaluation of tenders for solutions.
- In consultation with outsourced partners provide Project Managers with technical advice for the procurement of any items associated with network/infrastructure.
- Directing the solution design process and specifications undertaken by internal staff or external service providers.
- Directing development and integration projects (in accordance with relevant Application Portfolio Delivery methodologies) to ensure solution meets architecture standards.
Governance and Quality Assurance
- Provide technical oversight of projects through design, development, implementation and post-implementation review.
- Ensuring technology initiatives consistently meet quality assurance, risk management and process improvement criteria with best practice methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Advise software developers, business system analysts and other relevant staff/contractors on software architecture issues.
- Consult with IT Strategy & Architecture to resolve relevant design, development and implementation issues.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nivy Sahoo
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - EducationNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW